Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
atxgun
Posts in topic: 1

Ugh, another VT knee jerk reaction

Post by atxgun »

"Head of Virginia Tech panel urges end to gun 'proliferation'"

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/vi ... 4438.story

I know, let's pass a bunch of insane laws to stop insane people from doing insane things, that should work.

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

In a tip of the cap sort of way, it makes me wanna go pick up another case of ammo...
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Now, that was an unbiased report on the problem, wasn't it?
Steve Rothstein

snscott

Post by snscott »

So, do "insane" people lose all their Rights enumerated in the Constitution as "birth rights"? I'm sorry, I missed that exclusion clause. Where is that again?

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

W. Gerald Massengill
No...cain't...stop...don't go there...the pain...ugh...

I'm so going to get a big noogie for this... ;-)

In any event, the whole concepts is once again addressed that anyone, doesn't matter if you are insane or not...YOU must be insane for possessing guns...

And if we argue the point to people like that, it only proves their position in the minds of the unwashed...

...sigh...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

snscott wrote:So, do "insane" people lose all their Rights enumerated in the Constitution as "birth rights"? I'm sorry, I missed that exclusion clause. Where is that again?
No, but they might well lose their gun rights.

Personally, I think that advocating "gun rights for the insane" is a bit of a loser.

I would hold off on that campaign at least until we get some easier issues settled, like the parking lot bill for instance. ;-)
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

"The thought ... of people losing their firearms is just something that Americans can't tolerate and quite honestly shouldn't. But on the other hand, we cannot allow the proliferation of guns to continue like they're continuing," Massengill said.
Has there really been a proliferation of guns? Seems like that is a common theme in the media.

While I would agree the raw number of firearms has probably increased over the years in the U.S., the number to people who own them has probably decreased. When compared to my childhood days (1960's), in my opinion, there are significantly more people today who are unfamiliar with firearms.

A more accurate statement would read: "...we cannot allow the proliferation of irresponsible and criminal conduct with guns to continue..."

A logical solution would be to support local law enforcement efforts in combating criminal behavior and the introduction of firearms safety training at the university. Perhaps a school sponsored shooting team?

Sadly, logic seems to be lost in the wilderness these days.

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

anytime somebody analyzes something i can't help but notice the first 4 letters of that word,and I never thought ppl needed to be armed when i was in law enforcement 25 years ago but these times they are a changing and usually a police officer is the last to arrive at a crime scene,and today people need to be able to defend themselves,no they have a right to be able to defend themselves and no i'm not taking the law into my own hands in that case if the actor survives i give you permission to charge him :grin:

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

The part about banning guns on campus still gets me. Makes me want to ask him how well banning guns on campus worked out for them in April.
Winners never quit, and quitters never win; but, if you never win, and never quit, you're a moron.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”