Kahr MK9

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Geopagus
Posts in topic: 3

Kahr MK9

Post by Geopagus »

I've held the MK9 before, but have never shot it. The only Kahr I've had the opportunity to shoot is a P9. Do any of you guys have some good experience with an MK9? I am considering purchasing one and wanted everyones valuable input, particularly because theyre a bit expensive for such a small pistol. Im hoping the price is due to quality.

sensei
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sensei »

Have a PM 9 which is the Polymer version of the MK 9.

It is small (concealable), reliable and I think it is a fine pistol.

I would buy it again.

Ray

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Greybeard »

+1 to what Ray said on PM-9.

I also have a K-9. Late 1990s production. Very accurate and reliable.

If I had a dollar for every Kahr sold as a result of students shooting one of mine, I could probably buy another one. In fact, today I got to fondle the new polymer-frame .45 ...

Due primarily to weight difference, the MK9 likely goinna have a little less perceived recoil than P9, especially if you use the mag that has room for pinky.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Topic author
Geopagus

Post by Geopagus »

Thats very promising to hear guys, especially the word "reliable". Thank you much for the input. Did you all experience the "break-in period" suggested by Kahr with your particular model of firearms? Any other fellow forum members have any experience with the MK9.

sensei
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sensei »

I've never had a failure to feed or a failure to extract. On round #5 and on round # 23 I had to reach up and tap the slide fully closed.

I have shot every kind of ammo I could get my hands on thru it and never had a problem.

It is very accurate for its size. I have shot a typical IDPA set up with it and there is not a lot of difference in the results of the PM9 and my Glock G-30. Of course that may say more about the shooter than the guns.

I carry it whenever I am in a suit or slacks and have to tuck in my shirt. I have total confidence that if I do my part it will do its part.

Ray

Topic author
Geopagus

Post by Geopagus »

Thanks for the great report sensei

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”