What do you carry and why?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lrb111 »

KBCraig wrote:
Speaking of Taurus, I wonder how their 1911s are. Anyone tried one?

Kevin
I went to the gun show this last weekend looking for one.
I actually got to see one, hold it, pull the trgger. The fellow that had it told me he was virtually coerced into buying 4 Taurus 24/7s to get 2 pt 1911s. ( One for a friend, and one personal)
After he told me about the difficulties in gettong one, I checked online. "Allocated" or "not available" are all I see.

The finish reminds me of a plain GI model. The fit was very good, and the trigger was light, but still crisp.
I'm still looking, and will buy one.
Oh yeah, he figured the stainless model won't ship many in the US til Christmas. So, here's hoping for an early christmas. :lol:
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

I'm waiting for my CHL, so I cannot carry in public. At this time, I have only one pistol, XD40 Service, which I like very much. The Springfield supplied kydex slide holster and magazine holder do an adequate job. I recently bought a Comp-Tac FBI paddle holster. This is a much better unit. I think I'm going to get the Comp-Tac magazine holders. Knowing how things go, I wouldn't be surprised if I come up with a pressing need for a second or third option.
Gun control = hitting where you aim

bburgi

Post by bburgi »

-----
Last edited by bburgi on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich

Post by Rich »

I carry a Glock 23 with a Comp-Tac Gurkha Holster.

j1132s

Post by j1132s »

I carry a Kahr PM9 in my pocket. When the weather is cooler and needing a jacket, I sometimes carry OWB an HK P2000 instead. When its hot and I can't pocket carry, I carry a Kahr PM9 in a fanny pack.

Rex B

Kel-Tec

Post by Rex B »

I carry currently a P32 KelTec. I keep a P11 in the car, will carry that when heavier clothing permits.
I'm tall and slender, so it's not easy for me to carry concealed. I also cannot be comfortable with a 2-pound piece of steel in my pocket. The P32 I can drop in a Dockers pocket and go anywhere. It's also a pretty good representation of my everyday threat assessment.
I expect to pick up a S&W 642 this Fall, and am also looking at the Taurus PT145.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

nuparadigm

Post by nuparadigm »

Kahr P45. I carry it in a Fist Kydex tuckable.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

barnett

Post by barnett »

either a 3" SP101 in a fanny pack or a S&W 637 in a pocket holster. i carried semis for years. recently i have come to appreciate the rugged reliability of a good wheel gun as a carry companion. ymmv

txbell1

Carry gun

Post by txbell1 »

My carry gun for the most part is a S&W 642. I'm not allowed to carry at work so I keep my Baby Eagle 9mm in my car and use pepper spray to go from my office to the parking lot. You just can't be too carefull these days, expecially if your female. I also have a PPKS 380 that I use on occasion.

Why I selected the S&W 642 to carry is because its small enough to conceal easily and its light weight. Perfect for me since I'm about 129lbs. and not as young as I used to be.

I've gotten seveal of the women whom I work with interested in shooting. In fact one of the couples that went with us to the Range, has decided to buy their first gun, next step is to get them to take the class and get their CHL's.

My husband (you know him as JBenat), his carry gun is a M&P 40cal.
txbell1
CHL Holder
NRA Member
TSRA Member

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”