New .380 (Diamondback)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Re: New .380 (Diamondback)

Post by RPB »

My report was not a gun failure, but defective out of spec ammo.
I like mine, fires good higher pressure ammo that the others say don't use because theirs isn't built well enough to withstand it.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Embalmo
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Embalmo »

There's not a good enough variety of gunchow at the pet store I shop at to feed a finicky eater. If either of my .380's ever complain about what I feed them, they're getting euthanized.
Husband and wife CHL team since 2009

rpecunia
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rpecunia »

Yesterday, am returning mine to DB based on three range outings - really like the aesthetics of the gun - the reliability is another story - i'm simply used to guns working like this - you load them, you shoot them - this one is finicky, not a good gun feature - a friend has had theirs repaired and been satisfied, hoping for the same - know DB are learning from all the field feedback, hope they are adjusting - on the last range outing had FTF, FTE, not cocking after a shot (that's a scary one, pulling the trigger and nothing), also had magazine release on me more than once - it is accurate and easy to handle though when it does shoot, that's the hard part to cope with - great feeling, poor reliability - after getting really frustrated on the last (third) range outing, pulled out the G30 that i carry and went through a few magazines - 100%, not 95%, not 90%, 100% - the contrast was quite clear and disturbing - the firearm MUST be reliable...

anyways, giving them a chance to make it right - we'll see how it goes, sure would like to to start spreading some positive experiences on the DB380 - like it a ton even with the issues, would really promote it if it delivers !!!
Beretta, Diamondback, Glock, Kahr, Remington, Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Taurus, Walther

Embalmo
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Embalmo »

The reason I've been so critical of this gun is that I have never heard so many negative comments about reliability of any gun and not just on this thread. If it were mine and I managed to get it working properly, I would still have a nagging feeling that it might fail at the critical moment.

I've got much less patience for an unreliable gun than some folks around here. I would have the gun serviced and sold.

Embalmo
Husband and wife CHL team since 2009

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”