Grackle Whacker Is Back

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
doc540
Posts in topic: 4

Grackle Whacker Is Back

Post by doc540 »

Insurgent birds have re-infiltrated my neighborhood, killing local songbirds and generally trying to reassert their authority in my province.

The tacticool, 1956 Crosman .22 pellet rifle with high tech optics is wreaking a terrible wrath on their heads. Notice the stock extension designed to absorb the punishing recoil.

Al'Sqawkbar :smash:

http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

RECIT
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Grackle Whacker Is Back

Post by RECIT »

Get er done :fire
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

Keep whacking them. Dang things are horrible on my trucks paint.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

doc540 wrote:Insurgent birds have re-infiltrated my neighborhood, killing local songbirds and generally trying to reassert their authority in my province.

The tacticool, 1956 Crosman .22 pellet rifle with high tech optics is wreaking a terrible wrath on their heads. Notice the stock extension designed to absorb the punishing recoil.

Al'Sqawkbar :smash:

You're about 2998 under the daily bag limit :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Does declairing that one harvested a protected animal in a legal manner protect one from legal action? Just curious, never understood how the grackle thing worked. If I shot some for sport, was pulled over by a GW, and I told him they were eating my apple crop, would I be good to go? I know the burden of proof lies on the accuser.... this is a wierd law.

Topic author
doc540

Post by doc540 »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:Does declairing that one harvested a protected animal in a legal manner protect one from legal action? Just curious, never understood how the grackle thing worked. If I shot some for sport, was pulled over by a GW, and I told him they were eating my apple crop, would I be good to go? I know the burden of proof lies on the accuser.... this is a wierd law.
I didn't actually shoot those.

They expired near my backyard, and I gave them a proper burial after posing for the picture. :thumbs2:
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Good on ya!! :tiphat: But it is still a wacky law. Who ever decided to protect a flying rat?

Topic author
doc540

Post by doc540 »

It would be a bit awkward at the Huntsville dinner table explaining to the boys what you were in for. :oops:
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCannon »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:Does declairing that one harvested a protected animal in a legal manner protect one from legal action? Just curious, never understood how the grackle thing worked. If I shot some for sport, was pulled over by a GW, and I told him they were eating my apple crop, would I be good to go? I know the burden of proof lies on the accuser.... this is a wierd law.
Wait? Those cretins are _protected_?!
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

lkd wrote:
You bet!

Insane but true...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

This is from the Texas Parks and Wildlife website.

•Unprotected Birds:
◦The only birds not protected by any state or federal law are European starlings, English sparrows, feral rock doves (common pigeon - Columba livia) and Eurasian collared-doves; these species may be killed at any time, their nests or eggs destroyed, and their feathers may be possessed.
◦Yellow-headed, red-winged, rusty, or Brewer's blackbirds and all grackles, cowbirds (does not include cattle egret), crows, or magpies may be controlled without a federal or state depredation permit when found committing or about to commit depredations on ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or other nuisance.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

pbwalker wrote:
lkd wrote:
You bet!

Insane but true...
Round 'em up and deliver them to the home of whoever came up with that INSANE idea.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Sidro wrote:...or when concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or other nuisance.
Oh, well, that pretty much means "Anytime you see a Grackle" then :mrgreen:

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

lkd wrote:
Sidro wrote:...or when concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or other nuisance.
Oh, well, that pretty much means "Anytime you see a Grackle" then :mrgreen:
This.

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Their squaks, even just one, is a nuisance.

As the son of a farmer, every single one shold be eradicated.

And quick, before some PETA hacko finds out and declares them an endangered species.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Return to “Hunting Photos”