Cheaper Than Dirt shipping costs

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WEC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt shipping costs

Post by WEC »

I refuse to buy from CTD.

When BHO took office and the ammo scare occurred, they were price gouging on their ammo. It was in the neighborhood of $0.90-1.00 per round of Federal XM193 5.56. I was disgusted that a Texas company would stoop to such levels. It literally made me sick to my stomach.

I go to Palmetto State Armory for my ammo needs. They have prompt and cheap shipping, don't charge tax because they're in South Carolina, and they are my go-to site for a good benchmark for ammo prices. If I find a place that has a special which is less expensive than PSA, you can bet that it's a pretty good deal.

Again, I refuse to buy from CTD.
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt shipping costs

Post by johncanfield »

CTD hasn't bothered to reply to my email, so I can't be bothered to be their customer. Like I said in my email, there are too many other choices out there.

I do buy specialty ammo (and guns) from our LGS - sure I'm paying more to a lot more in some cases, but I like having stuff available locally and it's good for all concerned. They've been very helpful with handgun decisions.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”