If you could buy one pistol....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ShaneHD
Posts in topic: 3

If you could buy one pistol....

Post by ShaneHD »

My question to all of you is simple. If you could buy a pistol right now, what would you buy? I am torn between another Sig, a Glock, a Beretta or a Springfield XD. Not to say I am limited to these.

I currently have the following:

Sig Sauer p250c 9mm
Sig Sauer p250 9mm
Ruger LC9 9mm (daily carry)

What is the best way to sell a pistol?

Thomas

Re: If you could buy one pistol....

Post by Thomas »

ShaneHD wrote:My question to all of you is simple. If you could buy a pistol right now, what would you buy? I am torn between another Sig, a Glock, a Beretta or a Springfield XD. Not to say I am limited to these.
Sig P226 9mm

That was my first pistol. It was either that or the Beretta 92FS. I didn't like the way the 92FS fit in my hand. The Sig P226 was good, but then I saw the Sig P226 E2 and liked the grip even better (and the trigger).

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Post by johncanfield »

Look at the M&P compacts - mine fits my hand like a glove - it's a great carry gun. Easy to field strip.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

One pistol?

If I had to pare down to a single pistol, the one that I'd keep would be my Glock29 as long as I wasn't forced to give up the spare barrels at the same time. 10mm is nice, but the ability to swap the barrel and go to .40S&W is proving nice for the pocketbook factor and convenience of not always chasing brass. Add in the fact that I can use the G20 Mags as well with an adapter to make a full size grip... It's a nice combination. Ugly, but shoots nice and has done everything that I've asked without complaint.

I love my Colt, but it wouldn't necessarily be my go-to gun these days. It's prettier than the glock and lots of fun to shoot, but has expressed marked ammo preferences.

The SIG P229....nice gun, but it just doesn't speak to me. It would be first on the chopping block.

Now my wife has expressed interest in acquiring a Ruger SR(x)c or a G26/27. She likes the 9mm, but it'd be quite convenient if she would step up to the .40. I'm partial to the idea of only needing to stock .40 in quantity. :lol: Granted, thinking about it, twin G27s might be even better for the house than a G29 + G27/Ruger SR40c combo... 1 caliber, one set of mags, parts, etc... The big boom from the 29 with a full load is lots of fun though :evil2:

But given that' you're all 9mm, I'd try a G26 out and see how it feels.

A-R

Post by A-R »

If you want a Glock, get a Glock - great guns. But find a deal on one, don't pay Cabela's inflated prices - check GT Distributors (Austin or Dallas) for good trade-in and demo Glocks. A used $300-$400 Glock is better than almost any other brand of gun available new for $300-$400.

Also give a look-see to the very similar trigger systems in Springfield XD/XDm and Smith & Wesson M&P

FuziDave

Post by FuziDave »

i love my Beretta 92FS Inox. looks sharp. shoots great.
FuziDave

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

I totally agree with the Sig 226, even the 228 or 229 as they are fantastic pistols. If you are happy with your Sigs there is a chance that the Glock grip angle will give you some headaches and you will need to learn to shoot them and line up the sights as they are much different. I am not a Glock hater, I know they are good guns and as reliable as the others, personally I am not willing to change the way I shoot for a manufacturer...... If not the Sig then Springfield XDM series....
Salty1

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I don't see a 1911 in your list.
buy a Sig 1911. Nice guns, especially for the money.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
ShaneHD

Post by ShaneHD »

Aren't the 1911's a .22 only?

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

ShaneHD wrote:Aren't the 1911's a .22 only?
Nope. Google "Sig GSR"
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My son, whose perceptions are at this moment being governed by 4mg of dilaudid over the last 4 hours, says an FNP45 with an Osprey suppressor and a Trijicon RMR sight.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

I've owned and/or shot almost every revolver and pistol ever made and I have settled on Glocks. I shoot a G19 (I carry a G23 - same gun) as well as any defensive handgun. If you buy one, get the 23 (.40) and you can buy a 9mm conversion barrel and shoot either round. Ugly? Not to me. Besides, if it saves your life, who cares what it looks like. ;-)

In the final analysis, there isn't a lot of difference in the major brands. Find one you like.

68Charger

Post by 68Charger »

I'm going to vote for a Sig P226 in 9mm as well.

I own a .357Sig/40 Barrel. The gun is reliable and I don't think I had ANY issues with it since day one. It was my first pistol, too.

If I had only one pistol.. it would be that in 9mm. 9mm only because of ammo prices. .357Sig/40 gets expensive to shoot. :)
We don't need no stinking badges!

terryg

Post by terryg »

If your looking for a 9mm, the Ruger SR9c is a really good choice.

I don't know where you live either, but if you are in the Houston area, it is hard to beat Morgan Massie - a local FFL in Friendswood:

http://moderndefensivemeasures.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... this space intentionally left blank ...

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

Assuming you mean one more pistol and the cash comes out of my pocket.

Probably the budget Kahr pocket nine. CM9 I think. That or a Keltec PF9 will be my next gun purchase unless I win the lottery.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”