REVIEW OF NEW FRONTIER POLYMER AR15 LOWER

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 10

Re: REVIEW OF NEW FRONTIER POLYMER AR15 LOWER

Post by OldCannon »

Warhammer wrote:What are your thoughts on this lower with a 5.7x28mm upper? Do you think the poly lower would stand up to having the brass ejected down through the mag well?
That's a very interesting question! My suggestion is to pop a note to sales@newfrontierarmory.com and ask, they work very hard at answering questions for customers.

P.S. Please let is know what the response is.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

I want one of these. Anyone selling them in the dfw area?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

jmra wrote:I want one of these. Anyone selling them in the dfw area?
The one dealer I know of sold his last one a few weeks ago. Sorry.

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Post by i8godzilla »

OldCannon wrote:Glad you liked it so much! Everybody I've sold one to loves it. I have about 12 more left, if anybody else is interested.
PM Sent................
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Warhammer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Warhammer »

OldCannon wrote:
Warhammer wrote:What are your thoughts on this lower with a 5.7x28mm upper? Do you think the poly lower would stand up to having the brass ejected down through the mag well?
That's a very interesting question! My suggestion is to pop a note to sales@newfrontierarmory.com and ask, they work very hard at answering questions for customers.

P.S. Please let is know what the response is.
I just shot them an email. I'll let you all know the response. I'm thinking about building a light weight AR57 when I get my tax return and I thing this lower would be great, if the guys at New Frontier think it would hold up.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

Warhammer

Post by Warhammer »

I already got a response from New Frontier: "No problem!"

So, not I just have to wait for the tax return, and then decide if I want to go through the hassle to get a tax stamp for a SBR. The 12" barreled version sure looks sexy!
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow is too lazy to form an opinion." - Rogers, Will

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Looks like I'm going to get my hands on one of these next week. Will try it out with my 20" DPMS upper but would like to find an inexpensive 16" upper. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

You should look here:

http://www.jsesurplus.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty good deals on uppers.
TSRA Life Memeber

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

48 hours have passed since ske1eter dropped his unsubstantiated rumor and ran off. Not sure what his end objective was, but it certainly gives me an idea about his character. Very disappointing.

Back on-topic: Yes, I've heard good things about JSE Surplus too, I'm going to have to get an upper from them just to check it out.

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

Warhammer wrote:I already got a response from New Frontier: "No problem!"

So, not I just have to wait for the tax return, and then decide if I want to go through the hassle to get a tax stamp for a SBR. The 12" barreled version sure looks sexy!
2 suggestions:
If you buy the lower BEFORE you decide to SBR it, you'll have to get special engraving... and on that lower... i'm not sure what would work. (others, please correct me if I'm wrong)
and 2nd, don't forget, having a lower receiver sitting in the same house as a <16in upper can be assumed to be a complete (unregistered) SBR.
NRA Member

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Yeah, almost all of the reviews and comments I've seen have been positive.
let me add to the list. I've only put a few rounds through it, but I'm impressed with the fit
and finish.

And OldCannon is a standup guy. He went out of his way (literally) to make it convenient
for me to pick up my lower (we're on *way* opposite ends of town).

~ghostrider~
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Warhammer

Post by Warhammer »

RSJ wrote:

2 suggestions:
If you buy the lower BEFORE you decide to SBR it, you'll have to get special engraving... and on that lower... i'm not sure what would work. (others, please correct me if I'm wrong)
and 2nd, don't forget, having a lower receiver sitting in the same house as a <16in upper can be assumed to be a complete (unregistered) SBR.
After a little thought, I've decide to go the non-SBR route for now. I just don't want to add another $200 to the price tag of this project right now.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Warhammer wrote:
RSJ wrote:

2 suggestions:
After a little thought, I've decide to go the non-SBR route for now. I just don't want to add another $200 to the price tag of this project right now.
The first SBR is always the most expensive one (setting up a trust, finding the right rifle, etc.). After that, I'm told it's just a gigglefest of buying an assortment of new toys that just happen to come with a $200 service charge :lol: (We should all be grateful that the federal bureaucracy that established that tax in 1936 hasn't decided to increase it since then!)

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

ghostrider wrote: And OldCannon is a standup guy. He went out of his way (literally) to make it convenient
for me to pick up my lower (we're on *way* opposite ends of town).

~ghostrider~
Aw. Shucks. 'Tweren't nothin', but thanks for the kind words!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”