Problems Concealing

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Problems Concealing

Post by SewTexas »

3 o'clock is the widest part of anyone...really just doesn't work on maybe people unless you're going to wear a blazer, or you could wear a Walker TX Ranger duster coat and at that point you're scream "I'm carrying a gun!!!" ;-)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by urnoodle »

dafobbishon3 wrote:... I finally got my belt in thanks to the person who showed me Daltech Force Dual Layer Bullhide gun belts. Like I said, I usually wear a 34-36. and they said to add 4 inch to pant size so I got a 38, but even with a 38 size belt, it barely fits, it's on the last hole. I might have to send it back for a larger belt, or I guess I can try and do a lot of cardio until my license comes in. And also, my application is finally getting reviewed! :anamatedbanana Now i'm just waiting on background check under review!
I'll try and see if I can lose an inch or two in the next few days so I can wear the belt more comfortably, then I'll post up a review for the Old Faithful Holster and Daltech Force Gun Belt. Thanks again, all of you for your helpful input!
I bought the single layer and its a bit too big so I'm going to let my friend have it and reorder a smaller one tomorrow. I still want the single layer but I was considering getting the brown in dual layer. After a little time wearing the single layer I plan on ordering a brown in dual layer. After you have worn the belt for a while let me know what you think of it.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

Topic author
dafobbishon3
Posts in topic: 10

Post by dafobbishon3 »

urnoodle wrote:
dafobbishon3 wrote:... I finally got my belt in thanks to the person who showed me Daltech Force Dual Layer Bullhide gun belts. Like I said, I usually wear a 34-36. and they said to add 4 inch to pant size so I got a 38, but even with a 38 size belt, it barely fits, it's on the last hole. I might have to send it back for a larger belt, or I guess I can try and do a lot of cardio until my license comes in. And also, my application is finally getting reviewed! :anamatedbanana Now i'm just waiting on background check under review!
I'll try and see if I can lose an inch or two in the next few days so I can wear the belt more comfortably, then I'll post up a review for the Old Faithful Holster and Daltech Force Gun Belt. Thanks again, all of you for your helpful input!
I bought the single layer and its a bit too big so I'm going to let my friend have it and reorder a smaller one tomorrow. I still want the single layer but I was considering getting the brown in dual layer. After a little time wearing the single layer I plan on ordering a brown in dual layer. After you have worn the belt for a while let me know what you think of it.
Sure thing! I have a feeling this dual layer will hold up pretty well and for a good while, it's just like TheBeltMan belts. And if it doesn't it has a lifetime warranty, and great customer service! I'd deal with them any time! I'd love to buy more because it's so cheap! TheBeltMan belts are twice the price, and the same quality! Thanks again for recommending daltech. I've never heard of them until you brought them up! :clapping:

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

dafobbishon3 wrote:...Sure thing! I have a feeling this dual layer will hold up pretty well and for a good while, it's just like TheBeltMan belts. And if it doesn't it has a lifetime warranty, and great customer service! I'd deal with them any time! I'd love to buy more because it's so cheap! TheBeltMan belts are twice the price, and the same quality! Thanks again for recommending daltech. I've never heard of them until you brought them up! :clapping:
:thumbs2: I'm glad that they are consistent. I have to say I was pretty impressed when I got mine too. It was nearly a 1/4" thick. The website shows a picture of the thickness but in the back of my mind I expected that the camera angle had more to do with that than the actual thickness. I was definitely wrong it was all of what the website showed and more. I've ordered 3 today, 1 for me and 2 for Christmas gifts. I think there will 2 very happy family members.
U R Noodle

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

I may need to order one of these from there the kydex reinforced one in this photo; decent price
http://www.daltechforce.com/dual-layer- ... stiffener/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dual Layer BULLBELT - Top Grain Bull Hide with Kydex Stiffener
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

RPB judging by the picture that could be your backup weapon. :biggrinjester:
U R Noodle

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

urnoodle wrote:RPB judging by the picture that could be your backup weapon. :biggrinjester:
The girl?
"rlol"

Speaking of BUGS, I switched mine yesterday as I made a purchase ... now it's a Black Glock 26, 12 round mag, with Advantage Tactical sights, in Desantis Nemesis Pocket holster, .. as BUG to my Primary, OD Green Glock 26, 18 round mag (20 Round mag in Winter) with Advantage Tactical Sights, IWB. Carried it to Supper last night. (Old BUG was Keltec P11, 12 round mag, I thought ... why am I Keltec-ing? Same size as a Glock 26, and spare 20 round Glock mag I have for Primary can also fit a Glock 26 BUG, but not if it's a Keltec...)... So now I'm a double 26 carrier, same sights on both, same feel to both, same mags ...

Yeah, that belt looks like it would make a sword.
That's the only company I see offering TWO kydex insert stiffeners for support, I may need to get that ordered, I'll miss the "Velcro sewn in" I get on my Comp-Tac belts though. Also, I wonder ... Comp-Tac belts are "contoured" whereas this company has, by the photo, straight belts which aren't curved like belts want to do (the reason Com-tacs are 'contoured'). I'm just kinda spoiled. :lol: Not many companies offer "everything" kydex insert, Double layer, Velcro sewn in and contour from the beginning. I noticed crooked stitching in one belt photo this company had as a photo ... Comptac would have put that one on sale half price during their 1/2 off - e-mail prior customer scratch and dent sale..
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

koolaid
Posts in topic: 2

Post by koolaid »

I don't think I would worry very much about the contour (or lack thereof) of the belt. Even the stiffest of belts will start forming to your waist after a little wear.

The kydex is there more as a vertical stabilizer than a horizontal one.

Even with the Comp-Tac contour, the first week or two of wearing the belt it felt like I was wearing a giant wooden barrel instead of pants.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

RPB wrote:The girl? "rlol"
Don't let that sweet innocent looking smile fool you she is a samarui master. However, I think you'll need the subcompact model :biggrinjester:
U R Noodle

Happily Ever After
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Happily Ever After »

That model looks pretty compact.

Matt78665

Post by Matt78665 »

I have not read all the replies, so if this is a repeat please forgive. I would try button down shirt over your t-shirt. I looser t-shirt my help, but I do not think it does that much for me. It appears that we have the same body type. I carry IWB with Crossbreed Supertuck either of my full size Glocks with no problem. I do have a heavy duty gun belt from Crossbreed as well. I think you should find a gun that you can shoot well every time all the time and then modify your cloths around it.
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

E10

Post by E10 »

That BullBelt looks like it might also serve as body armor.

I have Duluth Trading Co.'s Men's Lifetime Belt in both black and brown. Two layers of heavy-duty leather, fused and stitched, $59.50. It isn't advertised as a gunbelt, but it works for me. I easily conceal my Ruger Speed Six revolver in a Don Hume IWB under a T-shirt and jeans. The belts also hold my Beretta Model 84 or Model 9000S plus magazine pouches, along with my cell phone. Also, if you wear it out, just send it back and they'll send you a new one.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens ... 85362.aspx

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”