Where to Buy 9MM now?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
knotquiteawake
Posts in topic: 19

Where to Buy 9MM now?

Post by knotquiteawake »

These shortages and price hikes couldn't have come at a worse time. I just bought my first 9mm a few weeks ago. I had only run a couple boxes through it and was planning on buying more after the Holidays (waiting to see if St. Nick dropped off any ammo... he didn't). Now, its after the holidays and everything seems to be sold out or really expensive. All I have is the 15+1 rounds in my G19 and thats it.

What stores still have it in stock and also are not way marked up (nothing over $0.50 a round)

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Where to Buy 9MM now?

Post by OldCannon »

Probably no stores have any right now. Wait a couple weeks, you should start seeing restocking.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SigM4 »

Another suggestion is to go make friends with sporting goods manager at the local Wal-Mart. I've heard many stories of folks getting calls when ammo shipments come in from friendly WM employees. The one near me is usually pretty well stocked with both Winchester white box (WWB) and Federal, both in the 100 round packs. Obviously, recently they've been out, but I have no fear that they'll have more soon.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

OldCannon wrote:Probably no stores have any right now. Wait a couple weeks, you should start seeing restocking.
Even with Feinstein's saber rattling?

Topic author
knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Maybe I should start making friends with a reloader too.

I'll double check our local WM. But it seems like there is always somebody different at that counter. Last time I went the gal couldn't even find 9mm, another customer spotted it. I bought 3 boxes, and I heard her talking to the other clerk there saying with a hint of amazement "So they can just come in and buy that much?"

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 15

Post by TexasCajun »

We're a jumpy lot. As soon as the news cycle changes to focus on more mundane topics, things will settle down. But use this as a lesson. Don't shoot yourself dry at the range. Leave a little in reserve, and make a habbit of restocking on a regular basis. I usually swing by Academy on payday for a couple of boxes even if I'm not planning a range trip any time in the near future.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Bitter_Clinger wrote:
OldCannon wrote:Probably no stores have any right now. Wait a couple weeks, you should start seeing restocking.
Even with Feinstein's saber rattling?
If she gets her way, you won't find 9mm ammo in stores. You will have to fill out a form with a firearms dealer to buy it, after passing a background check.

Her plan won't fly. It's like the rooster claiming he can fly south for the winter. Crows a lot and annoys everybody, but going nowhere fast.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

zero4o3

Post by zero4o3 »

TexasCajun wrote:We're a jumpy lot. As soon as the news cycle changes to focus on more mundane topics, things will settle down. But use this as a lesson. Don't shoot yourself dry at the range. Leave a little in reserve, and make a habbit of restocking on a regular basis. I usually swing by Academy on payday for a couple of boxes even if I'm not planning a range trip any time in the near future.
I make a point to pick a box every time I go to walmart, that way I can check out in the back and skip the lines :mrgreen:

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

My Tru-Valu hardware store has some.

but I have enough.

http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/9mm?sort=1&group=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

I guess i'll just be waiting a few weeks before I can hit the range again.

I usually picked up an extra box of .38spec when that was the only gun I owned, never even had a chance to stock up on the 9mm. Hopefully mid January things will have quieted down.

grumble
Posts in topic: 3

Post by grumble »

I picked up a case (1000 rounds) of Remington UMC bulk (115gr, fmj) at Academy on Christmas Eve for $229.00.
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wodathunkit »

PM sent. I just bought a Glock 19 also. I'd be willing to help out a fellow patriot! :cheers2:
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Academy stores sometimes have them. You have to get there first thing in the morning though.

zero4o3

Post by zero4o3 »

stroo wrote:Academy stores sometimes have them. You have to get there first thing in the morning though.
Unless things have changed, academy used to get shipments every weekday and they where unloaded before the store opened every morning.

rentz
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rentz »

Pistol ammo seems pretty easy to find for me still
. 223 and 7.62x39 is next impossible ( though academy has Tula spam cans today). What's crazy is u can't find 22lr!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”