Lots of my Facebook Friends....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Kythas
Posts in topic: 1

Lots of my Facebook Friends....

Post by Kythas »

....have been posting recently that they are getting a CHL. One of my friends said she's getting it for no other reason than to tick off those people who think people shouldn't be able to have one.

Seems all this talk of gun control may be having the opposite effect of what the anti's want.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Ericstac

Re: Lots of my Facebook Friends....

Post by Ericstac »

Good!

How do y'all feel about publicly announcing you are getting a CHL? My wife posted she was going to get it but once she got it I told her not to announce anything about it. She wondered why and I said it was a conceal handgun license, meaning you are carrying a gun and NOBODY knows so no one really should know you even have a license.

But then I think, how many people could be recruited to ur side if they knew we all were CHL'd...

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

It seems that guns are a topic that is not off limits, at least by those of us in Texas :txflag: - even on Facebook. People know we are gun friendly, but not everyone knows I have a CHL. If the topic comes up, we aren't shy about it and may have recruited 4-6 people to at least look at getting a CHL or concealed carry permit in other states from Facebook and face to face conversations.

When out and about, and if we don't know the people around us in public or at a party, we generally keep it to ourselves, until the subject comes up.
NRA Life Member

Robert*PPS

Post by Robert*PPS »

It is having a large impact in my area. 5 people, just in the last week, have come to me asking advice on what gun to buy, where to take the CHL course, etc. The best one, is a lady co-worker of mine who swore she would never own a gun. She came up to me sheepishly last week asking about guns. She has never owned a gun in her life. I almost teared up when she asked me if I would teach her about them. I'm going to convey to her everything I know about guns, safety, and defense. I'll be taking her out to shoot a .22 pistol within the next week. :patriot: :txflag:

HenryAKirk

Post by HenryAKirk »

Robert*PPS wrote:It is having a large impact in my area. 5 people, just in the last week, have come to me asking advice on what gun to buy, where to take the CHL course, etc. The best one, is a lady co-worker of mine who swore she would never own a gun. She came up to me sheepishly last week asking about guns. She has never owned a gun in her life. I almost teared up when she asked me if I would teach her about them. I'm going to convey to her everything I know about guns, safety, and defense. I'll be taking her out to shoot a .22 pistol within the next week. :patriot: :txflag:

:hurry: Awesome! Make sure she has fun so she comes back, there is no better way to "fix" someone than put a gun in there hand and be patient. :hurry:
:patriot: Everyone has been given a gift in life...And warriors have been given the gift of aggression.These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs Lt. Col. Dave Grossman :txflag:

jmra

Post by jmra »

In my circles it's pretty much assumed that you have a CHL.

Must be difficult for CHL instructors to get students if they aren't supposed to tell anyone they have a CHL. :headscratch

I don't wear the shirt that says "Got CHL?" But, when people at work have questions about guns they usually know to come looking for me. These questions usually result in discussions about CHL. How do we expect to educate the populace if we are a secrete society?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bagman45
Banned

Post by bagman45 »

Based on the buying frenzy we've all seen over the past month; anyone who wasn't armed before, IS NOW!!!! Good luck taking 'em away :patriot:

Richardc

Post by Richardc »

Every one I know, knows I carry and that I'm a CHL instructor. A lot of my business has been from Facebook. I have classes running this month for renew and new CHL. Look at the instructor section and class schedule for info. :tiphat:

Keep the powder dry.
:fire
"That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, Not mine."
http://www.chldefense.com
http://www.facebook.com/chldefense

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”