Standing in Line

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 2

Standing in Line

Post by stash »

I read yesterday that lines are out the door at LGS with people waiting to buy guns. I don't know if this is media hype or not, but has anyone seen lines of people at LGS. I have been trying to locate a new Springer XDs for about the last month without any luck. I called my LGS about a month ago about the XDs and they said forget it. They said call back in a couple weeks when things die down. Well yesterday I called a bunch of times and all I got was a busy, leading me to believe they are so busy they took the phone of the hook. As much as I don't want to do it, I may have to take a ride out to Cabela's tomorrow and see if they have any.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

The Annoyed Man

Re: Standing in Line

Post by The Annoyed Man »

"LGS"??
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by steveincowtown »

The Annoyed Man wrote:"LGS"??

Local Gun Store?
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
stash

Post by stash »

Sorry - LGS = local gun store.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

I went by Carter's in Stafford, which I regret, but when I was looking around the ammo section there was one other customer there..

Ganders seems to always have about twenty people waiting with ticket numbers to get a gun..

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

I went to the FT Worth Cabelas yesterday, and the gun counter was 3-deep in customers. But what really shocked me was finding two brand new Smith & Wesson M&P 45ACP 10-round mags on the bare magazine shelf isle! And being marked down from $39.99 to $29.99 made the purchase even sweeter.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

9mmfan

Post by 9mmfan »

I totally went the other way and, only minutes ago, went ahead and used all this for an excuse to order off of the interwebs the Uberti 1860 Army that I have been talking myself out of for a while now. Got a bullet mould as well. Movin' out to the country, sort of, real soon. Gonna be totally set up in .45 Colt, .38 Special and now Holy Black .44. Glad I picked up a couple ammo cans of M2 Ball from the CMP as well. End times, I beseech you. Bring it! :smilelol5:

While all of the above (except that last part of braggadocio, which was for humor) is true, I did drop the ball on the foresight front, and am worried that I might not be able to practice with the Glock 19 as much as I should. I was using all my Ant & Grasshopper learning at work, and didn't do so in my personal hobby life. How is the component front for 9MM looking?
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
-Rudyard Kipling

flechero

Post by flechero »

Our LGS had lines out the door for over 2 weeks straight. And a full parking lot an hour before they opened. It's lessened up a bit bow but the shelves are about empty.

Rangel

Post by Rangel »

I will NEVER go stand in some line and beg to pay to make some price gouger rich!!just wont do it

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

v-rog wrote:I went to the FT Worth Cabelas yesterday, and the gun counter was 3-deep in customers. But what really shocked me was finding two brand new Smith & Wesson M&P 45ACP 10-round mags on the bare magazine shelf isle! And being marked down from $39.99 to $29.99 made the purchase even sweeter.
I was at the Cabelas in Allen yesterday. There was a slight wait to get the paper processed, but it was more like 15 minutes rather than the hour I was told it would be. They are using those restaurant style "coasters" that light up and buzz whenever it is your turn to be called. It took me more time to get a salesman's attention than it did to actually see the gun once I connected with a salesman and get out the door with it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

grim-bob

Post by grim-bob »

Not only was it 3 deep at cabelas while I was there but they have setup specific gun checkout counters near the "hall of heads". The line had to have had 50 people in it and they had chairs setup for those waiting since the line was so long. Made me glad I wasn't buying anything.

They had a couple ARs on the shelf ($2100 but with a decent built upper VLTOR setup). Couldnt see the lower rollmark closely but I didn't recognize it from afar. Several Cav Arms polymer lowers for $199 on the shelf which isn't a bad price considering going web price/shipping/FFL fee.

Heard the counter guy saying they had stuff coming in on the truck. I grabbed some 40 ammo for the range when it came off the truck but didnt wait around to see what else they had come in since I wasn't buying anyway.
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”