G26 Gen4 Holster IWB Recommendation

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
daniel2002p
Posts in topic: 2

G26 Gen4 Holster IWB Recommendation

Post by daniel2002p »

With my recent acquisition of a G26 Gen 4, I have ordered a custom holster from Hopp Holsters but his lead time is 18-20 weeks... I am not sure I want to wait that long to carry this thing. I have been looking at getting a comfy IWB holster for the interim and so far the best option seems the Crossbreed super tuck... but that also has a 4-6 week wait time.

I know that good holsters take time but does anyone know of a good IWB holster (prefer leather but kydex will work until the Hopp comes in) that won't break the bank too much.

--Daniel
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
1)Treat firearms as if they are loaded. 2)Point the muzzle away from non-targets.
3)Keep fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot. 4)Be sure of your target and backstop.

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Re: G26 Gen4 Holster IWB Recommendation

Post by A-R »

Comp Tac Minotaur ... ~ 6-7 days from order til it shows up in the mail

rev210

Post by rev210 »

Remora reinforced top is a great holster and would work well until one of the others arrive and their shipping is pretty fast.

jacobsd8195

Post by jacobsd8195 »

I've used the DeSantis Insider for several years. It is leather, well made, sturdy, and has a strong clip.
http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SE ... he-Insider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
daniel2002p
Posts in topic: 2

Post by daniel2002p »

jacobsd8195 wrote:I've used the DeSantis Insider for several years. It is leather, well made, sturdy, and has a strong clip.
http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SE ... he-Insider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For $26 can't go wrong. Ill order this one just to see what it's like, I never wore a single clip IWB holster before.

Thanks!
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
1)Treat firearms as if they are loaded. 2)Point the muzzle away from non-targets.
3)Keep fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot. 4)Be sure of your target and backstop.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Any of the above are good.
I wear two Glock 26s daily (One extended barrel and GLOCK 19 MAG IWB, one Backup BUG Glock 26 with 13 round mag IN POCKET)

I like Comp-Tac ... I use a CompTac belt with Velcro sewn in so can use CompTac or CrossBreed's V-clips Velcro Clips

However:
Mostly I wear my main Glock 26 IWB in a Desantis Tuck This 2 which has a Jclip and I added WalMart StickyBack Velcro on the clip ... helps to use a Glock 17 Spare mag in the spare mag holder on this holster, it holds the cant angle better, makes the spare mag easier to retreive if needed

And my BUG Glock 26 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster in front pocket as BUG requires either 1) deep pocket pants or 2) untucked longtail/Tall Shirts ( I have both from Duluth Trading Co ) Also they make a style of pants I really like with 2 right front pockets, one with a snap holds the holstered Glock, the other can hold anything.

I'll be ordering more of these; pants WHEN THEY GET MY SIZE AGAIN (I wear them to Church), and will probably use those and the Firehose Jeans with 12" deep pockets which I wear and they hold the Pocket Glock with my 13 round mag (10+3 - PierceGrips model PG39) every day in the Desantis Nemesis
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens ... 20204.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

jl39775

Post by jl39775 »

I recently purchased the Shepherd Conceal Mini IWB for $35 on amazon.com. It broke in quick and I am very happy with it. It also has good retention. I wanted to hide the clips so when I tuck in my shirt no one would notice. So I ordered a Crossbreed belt with velcro inside. The belt comes with v-clip to attach to the velcro inside the belt. I will swap the clips from the shepherd holster with the crossbreed clips. I ordered the belt and clip on Jan. 9th and it still hasn't shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GU ... 03_s00_i00
NRA Member
USAF 93-97

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”