HELP, talk me out of adopting another pistola.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Seabear
Posts in topic: 2

HELP, talk me out of adopting another pistola.

Post by Seabear »

I never have been a huge Glock fan, have owned a couple. A 17 and a 19 years ago, sold them for one reason or another.

I have been competing quite a bit with my S&W R8 in Steel Challenge and with my 1911s in USPSA , Tactical matches etc.

I'm also not a huge fan of .40, don't own one (might be a reason TO buy one)

Up for adoption is an Open Class Gen 4 22 with all the bells & whistles. Comp, KKM Barrel, extended mags and magwell, C-more sight, Ghost trigger, CR Speed Belt,holster, mag holders, you get the picture, ready to rock. It's calling me for some reason.

Down side is I already load for .38, 9mm, and 45, I would have to collect more stuff. Tool head, dies, brass , bullets, etc.

Any other downsides? Besides having to hide it from the wife. :evil2:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

packa45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HELP, talk me out of adopting another pistola.

Post by packa45 »

The more the merrier... It's better to ask for forgiveness...than permission. If you can spare the initial investment at the current time I say go for it
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Yeah, hiding stuff from the wife is not a good way to go. The only time it is, is when you're hiding the gift you're going to give her for her birthday, anniversary, Christmas, or Mother's Day.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

I would like to help you out, but I'm afraid the more I say, the more I will encourage you to get it. I agree...the more you have....you know...

Go for it. But don't hide it. A $300-$500 pistol might not be overly noticeable, but the rig you listed above is a lot of dough. Sounds really nice though.
:thumbs2:

jsenner

Post by jsenner »

I was never a fan of 40. it always got stuck in my 45 cases during tumbling, or my 9mm got stuck in the 40 during tumbling. I always proclaimed that 40 was a pariah caliber I wanted nothing to do with.

I now have a PX4 in 40, and CX4 storm in 40, and a 96A1 (40). I have all the reloading supplies for 40. I shoot a lot of 40, and reload it. and it's fun. I've been buying 40 wherever I can find it. it's an awesome round.

really what I'm saying here is, if you have the opportunity to add to your gun collection - DO IT. your opportunity is knocking. don't say no. when you're tossing rounds down range you're gonna be happy. 40? 9mm? 45? whatever. you don't honestly expect me to believe you're gonna be unhappy that you have to reload and shoot 200 rounds of 40 at a competition, do you?

looking for us to talk you out of it? you've come to the wrong place my friend :) DO IT.

Topic author
Seabear
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Seabear »

jsenner wrote:I was never a fan of 40. it always got stuck in my 45 cases during tumbling, or my 9mm got stuck in the 40 during tumbling. I always proclaimed that 40 was a pariah caliber I wanted nothing to do with.

I now have a PX4 in 40, and CX4 storm in 40, and a 96A1 (40). I have all the reloading supplies for 40. I shoot a lot of 40, and reload it. and it's fun. I've been buying 40 wherever I can find it. it's an awesome round.

really what I'm saying here is, if you have the opportunity to add to your gun collection - DO IT. your opportunity is knocking. don't say no. when you're tossing rounds down range you're gonna be happy. 40? 9mm? 45? whatever. you don't honestly expect me to believe you're gonna be unhappy that you have to reload and shoot 200 rounds of 40 at a competition, do you?

looking for us to talk you out of it? you've come to the wrong place my friend :) DO IT.

Best argument ever. LOL I know, this is the wrong place to get someone to help say no.

C-Dub I would only hide it for a little while. I suck at keeping secrets. :tiphat:

Besdides, she is getting a new kitchen as we speak. :shock: That's what is slowing me down. Not for long though. :thumbs2:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”