Buying ammo @ Walmart afterhours?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Buying ammo @ Walmart afterhours?

Post by E.Marquez »

tobasco wrote:Not gonna say that Walmart is perfect but if it wasn't for them selling ammo at near pre-panic prices many of us wouldn't be shooting at all.
By sell I assume you mean, those store that have it to sell.....

Still nothing in my local 3 stores.. and this is a Military area, lots of customers, so it's not a no stockage thing do to location or normal demographics.

Maybe I don't have the secret decoder ring required...but the shelves are empty and the clerks respond with if it ain't on the shelf we don't have it.. :banghead:

If anyone knows the secret to finding ammo at the Lampasas, copperas cove or Killeen WalMart.. Natchez Shooters Supply is doing well for me now, but I sure would like to buy it local if I could.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

tiviti wrote: I did manage to track someone down who had the key, and they did open the case for me but said that they would have to walk the ammo with me to the front since the register was already closed. I don't remember if this was at 9pm or 10pm.
Similar occurrence for me at a Waco WM recently. Except in my case the ammo was still in the locked area in the warehouse and the employee tracked down a manager that had to find the ammo in the locked warehouse storage. The employee did walk me to the front and found a register that had just closed and convinced the cashier to ring me up. While we were walking to the front I had a nice conversation with the employee about handguns and shooting. Other than a bit of a wait it was a very good experience and I did send a nice comment to WM, unlike the last 20 or so comments to WM that ranged from mildly disappointed to furiously angry. :mrgreen:

steve817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by steve817 »

I think it has been their policy since at least the last ammo panic. I tried to buy some at one in Sugarland back in 09 after 10 PM and was told the same thing.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

Wes

Post by Wes »

I've never had to get a manager to unlock the ammo case at my local Walmart and have bought ammo at all hours of the night with no problem (3am one time, midnight another). A lady in electronics This sounds more like a individual sore manager trying for a power grab. I'd write Walmart and get an official response from them and then lodge a complaint if what is happening is different personally. Of course, avoiding Walmart altogether would be nice to do if only it were that simple.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Were it not for Walmart many otherwise unemployable folks would be without a job.

Are they great, high paying jobs, no...however, they're jobs...

Walmart hires many of the unfortunate, unskilled, and uneducated who in my experience are friendly and helpful.

Are these folks being taken unfair advantage of?

Maybe, I don't know, but for a great many of them, they'd be hard pressed to be hired elsewhere...

The sporting goods guy at the one I go to tells me if I get there really early in the morning I might get some 9mm, but to expect a line and they will only sell 3 boxes per customer.

I haven't a clue what their night time ammo selling policy is as I never go there at night, but I going to ask.

Topic author
Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dirthawking »

I did not find anything on their corporate web site explaining policy on ammo sales. Maybe it is not posted or talked about. As I have been to two different stores recently. Neither had signs about hours of sales. But, I have talked to a few friends out of state and they say the same. Some stores post hours, others do not.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mike1951 »

10pm has always been the policy at the Baytown WM.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Waco1959

Post by Waco1959 »

E.Marquez wrote:Maybe I don't have the secret decoder ring required...but the shelves are empty and the clerks respond with if it ain't on the shelf we don't have it.. :banghead:

If anyone knows the secret to finding ammo at the Lampasas, copperas cove or Killeen WalMart.. Natchez Shooters Supply is doing well for me now, but I sure would like to buy it local if I could.
http://ammo-can.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Figure out what night the get their truck and be there at 6AM the next day. Most stores get two shipments per week so you get two chances. This will also give you the ability to ask "you received some last night and are already sold out?"

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

So if the cutoff is 10pm when do they start selling again? I've bought at 7:30am recently.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

In my experience, ammo policies and even guns / gun related items vary, depending on store location. In the Austin area, the ammo is inside a locked display case, which obviously requires a store employee to help. In west Texas a couple of Wal-Marts I have been to have ammo sitting on the shelves, rather than in a locked display case. Those same stores also sell a limited selection of long guns, as well as some reloading supplies. The stores in Austin have neither ...

liberty2014

Post by liberty2014 »

I was told its just pistol ammo that you cant buy between 10pm and 7am. They said hunters can buy rifle ammo at any time

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

liberty2014 wrote:I was told its just pistol ammo that you cant buy between 10pm and 7am. They said hunters can buy rifle ammo at any time
But, But, But, what if I'm hunting with a pistol :biggrinjester:
What if I work days and shop at night.....
What if I wake up every day at 0300-0430 after 4 hours sleep because i'm old and afraid of things that go bump in my dreams and want to go shopping for some pistol ammo to shoot later in the day when the range opens.. :biggrinjester:

Ahhh, never mind.,, Im sure it is a policy for the children
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mike1951 »

liberty2014 wrote:I was told its just pistol ammo that you cant buy between 10pm and 7am. They said hunters can buy rifle ammo at any time
Locally, only shotgun ammo is on open shelves where it can be purchased anytime.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

It is not a law...it is not WALMART policy..

It is MANAGER policy. There are about 4 stores in thr ftw area that will sell after hours. Most just don't want to hassle with it.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

jmra
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jmra »

Target1911 wrote:It is not a law...it is not WALMART policy..

It is MANAGER policy. There are about 4 stores in thr ftw area that will sell after hours. Most just don't want to hassle with it.
Same "Manager" policy in three states. Sure. "rlol"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”