Santa Monica College Shooting

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
katmandu
Posts in topic: 1

Santa Monica College Shooting

Post by katmandu »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/santa-monica-c ... bJ6fpyo3gg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

texanjoker

Re: Santa Monica College Shooting

Post by texanjoker »

Good job to the responding officers for going in and stopping this wacko!

http://www.statesman.com/ap/ap/crime/5- ... age/nYF2t/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gthaustex »

texanjoker wrote:Good job to the responding officers for going in and stopping this wacko!

http://www.statesman.com/ap/ap/crime/5- ... age/nYF2t/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:iagree:

Glad to see decisive action taken to end the threat. Who knows how many lives were saved through prompt action...

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Once again, mass shooting is chosen for a No Guns zone. :rules:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

At the beginning, the gunman shot people in the house that burned, then fired at people in the streets, cars, and buses near the house, and ended up in the college library. Doesn't sound to me that the college was picked for any reason other than it was near all the other shooting. MHO.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

G26ster wrote:At the beginning, the gunman shot people in the house that burned, then fired at people in the streets, cars, and buses near the house, and ended up in the college library. Doesn't sound to me that the college was picked for any reason other than it was near all the other shooting. MHO.
Santa Monica is about as close to a "gun free" zone as you can imagine. All of LA County is "no issue." They vote consistently for no-gun candidates so you have to conclude that most people support gun free living and do not own weapons themselves.

A criminal's odds of encountering a legal gun owner carrying, except at a gun store perhaps (if there are any in Santa Monica), are about the same as having Bigfoot and The Abominable Snowman both appear for dinner at your house tonight, dressed in identical pink tutu's.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

JALLEN wrote:
G26ster wrote:At the beginning, the gunman shot people in the house that burned, then fired at people in the streets, cars, and buses near the house, and ended up in the college library. Doesn't sound to me that the college was picked for any reason other than it was near all the other shooting. MHO.
Santa Monica is about as close to a "gun free" zone as you can imagine. All of LA County is "no issue." They vote consistently for no-gun candidates so you have to conclude that most people support gun free living and do not own weapons themselves.

A criminal's odds of encountering a legal gun owner carrying, except at a gun store perhaps (if there are any in Santa Monica), are about the same as having Bigfoot and The Abominable Snowman both appear for dinner at your house tonight, dressed in identical pink tutu's.
Your certainly correct about that. But I was addressing the fact that the reason for this shooting was that the college was a gun free zone, and that's why it some of it happened there. That would be like saying all the shootings in LA occur because the gunman new almost nobody was carrying, not because of gangs, robberies, revenge, or other violent crimes in general.

TxA

Post by TxA »

JALLEN wrote:A criminal's odds of encountering a legal gun owner carrying, except at a gun store perhaps (if there are any in Santa Monica), are about the same as having Bigfoot and The Abominable Snowman both appear for dinner at your house tonight, dressed in identical pink tutu's.
"rlol" :smilelol5:

I'm hearing the same tone here as the one in the new NY law discussion. Seems some decisions have consequences and the people suffer from them. As has well been said before, decisions have consequences, so choose wisely...

Prayers for all the families and others involved in this senseless crime...
CHL 08/00

“We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams – 2nd President of the United States

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

TxA wrote:Prayers for all the families and others involved in this senseless crime...
My prayer for these folks is that they pull their heads out of the sand, recognize that there are real dangers out there, that they are responsible for their own safety & well-being, and either start voting the liberal idiots out or move to more conservative areas where self-defense isn't a crime.

More than likely though they'll just blame these things on the evil conservative states/people who insist on owning firearms. :mad5

fickman

Post by fickman »

The gunman reportedly had known mental issues. Makes me wonder what meds he was on. . . and if we'll ever find out.
Native Texian

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

JALLEN wrote:Santa Monica is about as close to a "gun free" zone as you can imagine.
That was my basic point.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

G26ster wrote:
JALLEN wrote:
Your certainly correct about that. But I was addressing the fact that the reason for this shooting was that the college was a gun free zone, and that's why it some of it happened there. That would be like saying all the shootings in LA occur because the gunman new almost nobody was carrying, not because of gangs, robberies, revenge, or other violent crimes in general.
and I was pointing out that the college is not much more gun free than the entire community.

I doubt it was the "reason" but it certainly explains whey it developed over the time period, with as many victims as it did. We like to think that if that happened in our communities, one of the numerous CHL's would be able to put a stop to it relatively soon.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Fox news says four dead and one gravely wounded and not expected to survive. Apparently he had 1300 rounds of .44 and .223 combined and was shooting through the walls of a safe room with 14 people inside when he was thankfully snuffed.

R.I.P.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

I read a bunch of reader comments in the Wall Street Journal on this story this morning and predictably the responses are extremely polarized. Basically the lefties want all weapons banned - that will solve the problem :nono: , and then there are the 2A supporters. It's practically a carbon copy for every shooting event.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

johncanfield wrote:I read a bunch of reader comments in the Wall Street Journal on this story this morning and predictably the responses are extremely polarized. Basically the lefties want all weapons banned - that will solve the problem :nono: , and then there are the 2A supporters. It's practically a carbon copy for every shooting event.
I'm actually surprised we haven't heard more of the ban all guns mantra up to this point. My guess is that there weren't any young kids involved, so not enough shock value...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”