Links for gun safe info in the works

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

HenryBowmanLives
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Links for gun safe info in the works

Post by HenryBowmanLives »

If you want to talk to a safe "expert", the Guns Over Texas radio show on AM 700 in Houston, or streaming live on KSEVRADIO.com at 4pm today (Saturday), is going to have Steve Christoph from Lone Star Gun Safes as a guest on their show... :patriot: :txflag:

Quahog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Quahog »

ugh... I like listening to this show and I just completely lost track of time.
"America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." -- Ronald Reagan

NRA - TSRA - PSC - CHL

tx mountaineer

Post by tx mountaineer »

Anyone seen this in person?

http://www.pendletonsafes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool safe with easy access and plenty of light.

Wish they and other big safe delaers would come to the BIG Houston gun shows.

pmacelad

Post by pmacelad »

Anyone have any experience using this from V-Line. I've searched the forum and this thread and found nothing.

http://www.vlineind.com/html/top_draw.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,

Dale
Pearland, tX

BigMickey

Post by BigMickey »

Does anyone find it ironic that Unicor is a manufacturer of safes?

Unicor, if you don't know, is the federal prison industry corporation that prisoners earn money in and learn a trade in. Learning how to make a safe would certainly expose someone to the principles needed to defeat the security of the safe.

Oh, yeah! They make 'em right over there in Bastrop, as I understand.

Next thing, they'll be making ammo for us at Gitmo?
Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.
TANSTAAFL: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 17

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

What exactly does any of your post have to do with gun safes? Did you post in the wrong thread by mistake?

never mind... I get it... your a spammer. Go away...please! By the way... I snitched on you in about three seconds from now...

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Early shift got him. :smash: :smash:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

03Lightningrocks

Nice work... the folks that do that truly irritate me. They like doing it late at night thinking it will hang a while before getting caught.

jmace57

Post by jmace57 »

Would this be an appropriate place for this post? My father is giving me his approx 30 year old Kingsberry safe. It probably weighs 350-400 lb (approx 60" tall x approx 48" wide x 30" deep). I am trying to figure the best (read cheapest) way to move this from the San Antonio are to Houston area. First off, I am to old to try and move this myself. Is there an inexpensive way to get this moved other than contacting a moving company? I am in no hurry - move it a day from now, a week, or 3 months from now. Does anyone have a suggestion? I hate to spend hundreds of dollars to move a safe probably not worth $500. Thanks

duallydondon

Post by duallydondon »

Academy has decent Canon safes just FYI

rentz

Post by rentz »

anyone have experience with the Bighorn 19ecb thats on sale at costco for 569 ?
Looks pretty good for the price, this any better than spending more for a liberty?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... InCategory

03Lightningrocks

It doesn't look like a bad safe for the money. The fire protection time and temperature are pretty minimal. I would look at other safe manufacturers and compare feature for feature and price. The wording they use for the material the door is made from got my attention. They say it is "formed". Does that mean it is actually a 1.5 inch thick piece of steel or is it 12 gauge steel formed into a 1.5 inch thick door. The actual gauge of the steel the safe is made from determines the level of security. It has been said on the forum a few times and I agree completely. Buy a safe that is worthy of the gun collection you are protecting. Someone mentioned 10% of gun value, which seems about right to me. Keep in mind that gun safes have a way of filling up faster than you think they will...LOL. Buy a bigger and better safe than you presently think you need.

Couple other thoughts...

Bolt it down!!!
If you have a monitored alarm system in your home the cops and alarm will severely limit a bad guys time frame. With enough time, any safe can be defeated! This does not mean one should just buy a cheap safe since it won't matter...IT WILL. Typically, the more you spend on a safe, the longer it will take a bad guy to defeat it. Especially the amatuers.
I was told that many safes are defeated by prying the door open. Thin gauge steel "formed" into a shape is real easy to pry open.

Good luck and do a lot of safe research before making a final choice.

TexnJpr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexnJpr »

I just took delivery of a Superior Supreme 35 safe which i purchased from Steve at Lone Star Gun Safes. I did alot of research and decided that i wanted something made in America and had a decent amount of steel on the exterior, and not something with a 12 ga outter shell and a composite door. I went with this particular model because it was w/in my price range (buy once cry once) and had a 7 ga outter shell and a 1/2" plate steel door. Lone Star was great to deal with and would recommend them to anyone. Also, Superior's are made by Champion

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to post my .02 because i know the more info you have the better prepared you are.

http://superiorgunsafes.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

03Lightningrocks

Very nice safe!!! I'm jealous!!! :tiphat:

TexnJpr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexnJpr »

Thanks...I meant to post a pic earlier but here it is...
Attachments
photo (2).JPG

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”