a new android app?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

a new android app?

Post by SewTexas »

a friend asked me about this article. she asked if it's legal in Texas? I told her I don't think so, but I'm not sure, and I'm not sure how one would prevent something like and app? what do y'al say?

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/new-andro ... -all-users
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 3

Re: a new android app?

Post by Dirthawking »

If you go to the play store find the app, flag it as inappropriate and type in privacy rights violation.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasCajun »

I flagged the app as inappropriate on Google play. Then I went to their Facebook page and suggested that they reverse the permits of the app - make it where users tag places that don't have guns & add a feature to list businesses with no-guns-allowed signs. :anamatedbanana
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

TexasCajun wrote:I flagged the app as inappropriate on Google play. Then I went to their Facebook page and suggested that they reverse the permits of the app - make it where users tag places that don't have guns & add a feature to list businesses with no-guns-allowed signs. :anamatedbanana
Now I have a goal for today, to do the same. :evil2:
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

brainman

Post by brainman »

Or you could flag everywhere you can think of so the data they show will be worthless, esp schools and other gun-free zones.

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

if you read the comments on the article, guys were flagging entire neighborhoods, the entire state of Illinois, etc...it's already worthless. But my friend's question was isn't it illegal in TX and a few other states after that incident with the NY website?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

race4beer

Post by race4beer »

Where this does not use any type of official data I would say it's not illegal, but absolutely unethical. Someone trying to make a buck off the "panic" our wonderful leaders have placed upon the masses.

Topic author
SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Thank you Race, I wasn't thinking about it from that angle. You've got it.
~Tracy

celicam4tt

Post by celicam4tt »

https://www.facebook.com/stalbaum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :bigmouth
mailed 6/10 -7/7 return
NRA life member
Honor the dead, defend the living

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I posted the following comment:
Get the developer’s address and add it to the database. Maybe someone will break into his home and steal his computers.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

What is Biden's address. He wants us to randomly fire shotguns off to scare robbers.
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VoiceofReason »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I posted the following comment:
Get the developer’s address and add it to the database. Maybe someone will break into his home and steal his computers.
The developer is Brett Stalbaum Visual Arts department University of California, San Diego.

I would imagine some people would like to know what hours he works, where he parks his car, where he has lunch, and all other information legally obtained. Some people might want to leave a note on the jerk’s windshield expressing their opinion of his App and him.

He probably got beat up a lot in school - even by the girls.

Edited to add: Here is his information http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/show ... 302&page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by VoiceofReason on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

bravomikefoxtrot

Post by bravomikefoxtrot »

Wodathunkit wrote:What is Biden's address. He wants us to randomly fire shotguns off to scare robbers.
:rolll That is hilarious!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Brett Stalbaum, the developer of Gun Geo Marker and a lecturer with the Visual Arts department of the University of California, San Diego, said he had received threats over the app.

"The gun rights community has been busy making personal threats (we remain unconcerned), as well as spamming the Gun Geo Marker database with false markers," he exclusively told FoxNews.com. "Though these fake markers are not useful for identifying dangerous guns and owners, they are certainly representative of the highly paranoid reaction we have come to expect from any attempt to improve gun safety in the United States.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07/11/ ... z2YkmMOOVs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Comments on his site have now been disabled.

You can leave comments on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stalbaum?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or his email address: bstalbaum@ucsd.edu
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”