Urgent: XDs recall...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

NordicTexan
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Urgent: XDs recall...

Post by NordicTexan »

I got mine back today. FedEx tried to deliver it at 2:30 so I called and picked it up at the local office. Nice to have it back.

The trigger, during dry fire is slightly firmer than before. I am looking forward to going with teamless this weekend to break it in, again.

Oh they sent it back in a small black carring case, which had a sticker for an XD sc 40. Gave me a pause when I thought they may have sent the wrong gun to me. My xds with the extra mag was in there so I am happy again. :txflag:
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

Teamless
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Teamless »

Shoot_First wrote:ATDM, Teamless, & Irpettit: My status just changed to "Your gun has been fixed." How about yours?
mine now shows the same :clapping:
hopefully I have it back by end of next week!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

NordicTexan wrote:I got mine back today. FedEx tried to deliver it at 2:30 so I called and picked it up at the local office. Nice to have it back.

The trigger, during dry fire is slightly firmer than before. I am looking forward to going with teamless this weekend to break it in, again.

Oh they sent it back in a small black carring case, which had a sticker for an XD sc 40. Gave me a pause when I thought they may have sent the wrong gun to me. My xds with the extra mag was in there so I am happy again. :txflag:
you know, we go this Sunday to PSC, we may have to go next Sunday also!
League City, TX

ATDM
Posts in topic: 54

Post by ATDM »

New status
untitled.png
I cling to my God — Jesus Christ.
I love my wife and kids.
I am proud to be an American and Texan.
And... I cling to my guns.

jmra

Post by jmra »

ATDM wrote:New status
untitled.png
That's very interesting.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ATDM

Post by ATDM »

jmra wrote:
untitled.png
That's very interesting.
That was just a joke... :lol:
I love my wife and kids.

jmra

Post by jmra »

ATDM wrote:
jmra wrote:
untitled.png
That's very interesting.
That was just a joke... :lol:
That was my assumption, but it was kinda like asking a woman with a bulging tummy if she's pregnant. You're pretty sure she is, but...
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ATDM

Post by ATDM »

Shoot_First wrote:Teamless, ATDM, and Shoot-First must be on the bottom of the Sep 3 stack! :banghead:
Or, they have sent our to Croatia, but they ended up in Serbia...
I love my wife and kids.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

My status changed to "your gun has been sent back to you " Yeahaw!
League City, TX

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springf ... aded-guns/
Springfield Armory XD-S Recall – Update & Review of Upgraded Guns
by GUNSAMERICA ACTUAL on OCTOBER 20, 2013
As to Denny’s claim that the XD-S shoots better, I agree. The groups you see here in the pictures were the best examples I took from over 200 rounds in each gun. Most of my shooting was with range rounds, mostly milsurp and Speer Lawman. Both my rested and offhand groups were smaller with the upgraded guns. They weren’t drastically different, especially offhand, but as a whole the upgraded groups were smaller, with much fewer flier shots. The targets I picked for the pictures were shot with Hornady Critical Defense, which has always been my best performer in the XD-S.

When you get your gun back, don’t be surprised if you don’t feel that the trigger pull is heavier than when the gun left, even though it technically will be. I had to put my digital trigger gauge on the upgraded guns, because side by side I felt that the difference wasn’t something you would notice. The gauge measured slightly over ½ a pound difference. So far I have blind tested five people to dry fire both the orignal and upgraded guns, and none so far have been able to tell any difference in the pull.

As a side note, because so many discussion board “experts” skip over this. a heavier trigger pull isn’t the worst thing when talking about striker fired guns. Everyone’s biggest complaint on striker guns is that the trigger is too light, when compared to a double action/single action semi-automatic or a double action revolver. Some worry that a light trigger results in accidental discharges, though in practice they are infrequent. The XD-S upgrade only adds about a ½ a pound of trigger pull to the gun, and I think the trigger is a little smoother. The upgrade also does not effect the reset length, which is just over 1/10th of an inch on the XD-S. Side by side, besides the trigger pull, the only physical difference I could ascertain was that the grip safety seems to allow the trigger to fire a little bit earlier.
Upgraded gun on the right; non-upgraded gun on the left. Gun on the right shoots better.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

As a side note, because so many discussion board “experts” skip over this. a heavier trigger pull isn’t the worst thing when talking about striker fired guns. Everyone’s biggest complaint on striker guns is that the trigger is too light, when compared to a double action/single action semi-automatic or a double action revolver.
Interestingly, I've never heard that as a complaint of DAO guns before. Learn something new every day :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
As a side note, because so many discussion board “experts” skip over this. a heavier trigger pull isn’t the worst thing when talking about striker fired guns. Everyone’s biggest complaint on striker guns is that the trigger is too light, when compared to a double action/single action semi-automatic or a double action revolver.
Interestingly, I've never heard that as a complaint of DAO guns before. Learn something new every day :tiphat:
Yeah, I thought that "Everyone's" description was a little broad. When I first started carrying with my CHL, I carried a cocked and locked Sig 1911. Hard to imagine a striker trigger getting lighter and crisper than that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ATDM

Post by ATDM »

The Annoyed Man wrote:[ Image ]
Upgraded gun on the right; non-upgraded gun on the left. Gun on the right shoots better.
It shoots better, because it's a bi-tone... :lol:
I love my wife and kids.

brentski
Posts in topic: 2

Post by brentski »

My upgraded pistol arrived yesterday with a small case and one free 7 round extended mag for my trouble. Nice.

3dfxMM
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 3dfxMM »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
I don't know if he was specifically addressing the XD family of guns or striker guns in general. If the former, then it wasn't a complaint about DAO guns which may explain why you haven't heard that complaint before.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”