Quick question for you guys on a comfort factor...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Quick question for you guys on a comfort factor...

Post by TrackinPat »

johncanfield wrote:
OrangeAnimal wrote:It's not that hard to withdraw and load another mag from your pocket. I think that sticking them in your pocket the only trouble you could likely have is if you keep other items in there. Change, pocket lint, a receipt etc. could become stuck in the end of the mag. I know that an awful lot of crap gets built up on my gun and I don't even have it in my pocket. ..
I'm still carrying my spare 12 round magazine in my left pocket and it is the exclusive tenant of that pocket. Every few months I have to unload it and use my air compressor to blow out the lint - it's amazing how much builds up from pocket carry.
I guess I didn't take the lint build up into account with pocket carry, interesting.

OrangeAnimal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OrangeAnimal »

I would suggest the best scenario to be carrying them OWB. Second in the pocket and last in IWB. You have to contend with your shirt in the way possibly needing two hands to grasp it etc. Too much trouble, I will say the only mag carrier I tried was hybrid kydex/leather one and the mags just fit so tight in there. An all kydex one may be better as the material will not crush down between your waist and your belt. When/if you ever have to call upon a second magazine you better be able to find cover or be like lightening with it. I choose to find cover. Matter of fact I will be looking for it as soon as I fire more than a couple shots and notice things just aren't going in my favor.

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

OrangeAnimal wrote:I would suggest the best scenario to be carrying them OWB. Second in the pocket and last in IWB. You have to contend with your shirt in the way possibly needing two hands to grasp it etc. Too much trouble, I will say the only mag carrier I tried was hybrid kydex/leather one and the mags just fit so tight in there. An all kydex one may be better as the material will not crush down between your waist and your belt. When/if you ever have to call upon a second magazine you better be able to find cover or be like lightening with it. I choose to find cover. Matter of fact I will be looking for it as soon as I fire more than a couple shots and notice things just aren't going in my favor.
Haha yeah in a a problem arises scenario it's being pulled when I still have several rounds left in the other and just being held until needed and I'm just dropping the other one to the ground.

OrangeAnimal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OrangeAnimal »

Easy to say harder to execute. :tiphat:

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

OrangeAnimal wrote:Easy to say harder to execute. :tiphat:
Isn't it always? ;-)

myntalfloss
Posts in topic: 1

Post by myntalfloss »

Late to the discussion but I just received two Remora holsters for early Christmas and am impressed. I was skeptical at first but they hold the gun well, low profile and are the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.

The reason I'm posting this is that right now Remora is having a sale. Don't know how long it will last but if you put 'holiday30' in the code box on checkout, you get 30% off and a free mag holder.

I don't work for Remora.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”