XDS 45 & Walther PPQ Carry Pieces?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
snatchel
Posts in topic: 1

XDS 45 & Walther PPQ Carry Pieces?

Post by snatchel »

I picked up these two today: Springfield XDS 45 APC and a Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm. I definitely have done plenty of research on the XDS, but very little in the way of the PPQ.

The XDS is meant to go into the carry rotation for sure, and after some range work, I'm sure I'll be satisfied. I'm definitely very excited about it though.

The PPQ sort of just landed in my lap, so I won't complain. I have undirected it carefully though, and think it has quite a bit of carry potential. The ergos are.... Amazing anyway. We will see how it performs on the range before I actually sub it in though. I will say it is a beautiful fun and based on appearances alone, can be ranked along the same lines of a G19 as far as ccw.
No More Signature

Shoot_First

Re: XDS 45 & Walther PPQ Carry Pieces?

Post by Shoot_First »

snatchel wrote:I picked up these two today: Springfield XDS 45 APC and a Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm. I definitely have done plenty of research on the XDS...

The XDS is meant to go into the carry rotation for sure...
Are you going to send your new XDS back to SA under the recall or wait until they work off the backlog?

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

The ergonomics of the PPQ M2 made a big impact on me when I handled one at the NRA convention this year. Will be interested to hear how it shoots for you.

IIRC, Walther decided to offer a more conventional trigger in their latest polymer pistols? Part of what turned me away from a full sized Walther was all the funky trigger designs. Love my PPS, though.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

snatchel wrote:[ Image ]

[ Image ]

I picked up these two today: Springfield XDS 45 APC and a Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm. I definitely have done plenty of research on the XDS, but very little in the way of the PPQ.

The XDS is meant to go into the carry rotation for sure, and after some range work, I'm sure I'll be satisfied. I'm definitely very excited about it though.

The PPQ sort of just landed in my lap, so I won't complain. I have undirected it carefully though, and think it has quite a bit of carry potential. The ergos are.... Amazing anyway. We will see how it performs on the range before I actually sub it in though. I will say it is a beautiful fun and based on appearances alone, can be ranked along the same lines of a G19 as far as ccw.
I shot a PPQ (not the M2 variant, the original) at the range about a year and a half ago. A friendly stranger there had picked it up for a steal at a gun show. He was amazed at how accurate it was, how great the ergonomics were, and how light the perceived recoil. He was sharing with everyone. He let me and a shooting buddy of mine test drive it. We were both very impressed. The short, light trigger was awesome for feel and accuracy. Since then, I've been interested in them, but thought they might be a bit bulky for CCW. My friend's accuracy with the pistol was incredible. He is a great shot anyway, and this was even better. Just a single ragged hole for groups.

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

The PPQ just fell in your lap? Lucky...

I love my PPQ and have contemplated carrying it. At this point though, I'm just not comfortable with that light of a trigger on a carry gun. Maybe if I put some more work into it I could get to a point where I would feel ok carrying it.
For a range(and competition if thats your thing) you can't beat it.
Add some decent after market sights and you're set. The PPQ is one of, if not THE BEST, production pistols on the market today.
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

ghentry

Post by ghentry »

The PPQ is my larger carry. I absolutely love it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”