Beretta 92F vs. 9mm Baby desert eagle

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Beretta 92F vs. 9mm Baby desert eagle

Postby attila79 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:26 pm

Well I'm thinking of purchasing one of these pistols and want some opinions. I have owned the BE, but sold it and regretted it. Loved the way it shot and felt in my hands. However, because I also like the Beretta 92f (never shot one) I wanted to see if any of you guys could share your opinion on this pistol.

Also if I could be pointed to a place where they sale these for a reasonable price. Does not have to be new that would be great.

Thanks,

C
attila79
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Re: Beretta 92F vs. 9mm Baby desert eagle

Postby Wildscar » Mon May 07, 2007 12:41 pm

attila79 wrote:Well I'm thinking of purchasing one of these pistols and want some opinions. I have owned the BE, but sold it and regretted it. Loved the way it shot and felt in my hands. However, because I also like the Beretta 92f (never shot one) I wanted to see if any of you guys could share your opinion on this pistol.

Also if I could be pointed to a place where they sale these for a reasonable price. Does not have to be new that would be great.

Thanks,

C


I would recomend the 92FS. At the last gun show here in Dallas, Schramms had theirs for $390. That was with 2 15rd mags. I dont know anything about the baby eagle so I can't give you a good comparision.

You might want to take a trip to the range and test fire a rental. That might be the deciding factor for ya.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Image
Wildscar
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: Dallas Area

Postby pbandjelly » Mon May 07, 2007 1:28 pm

being a fan of the Big Blue B, I can say the the 92 is the best firearm ever made.
along with every other firearm, ever.... made......

I like it a lot, personally. but that's just preference. enjoy.
Image
"If you deny a man the means of self defense, you deny a man the RIGHT of self defense."
pbandjelly
Banned
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:23 pm
Location: The Plate

Postby attila79 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:52 pm

what do you guys think of the CZ75B????
attila79
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Postby JLaw » Mon May 07, 2007 4:53 pm

attila79 wrote:what do you guys think of the CZ75B????


Excellent weapon. I own both the CZ 75B and a Beretta 92FS, so I can say that. They are both reliable and accurate. I've only fired <150 rounds through the Beretta, but I'm sure I'll have no troubles with it.

The CZ is only slightly slimmer than the 92FS, but you won't go wrong with either you decide on.

FYI - Great deals can be had on the Beretta at gun shows, I picked up the 92FS with 3 mags and night sights (all NIB) for a steal in Pasadena.

JLaw
JLaw
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:57 am
Location: Woodlands, TX

Postby Stupid » Mon May 07, 2007 7:24 pm

The BE is what we call a novelty; however, the 92FS is a serious fighting pistol, probably the most reliable pistol ever made.

Personally, unless I have too much money, I would not spend on novelty things.

I shoot my 92FS the best and it was the gun that brought me into the whole firearm hobby thing.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html
Stupid
Senior Member
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:02 am

Postby Right2Carry » Mon May 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Stupid wrote:The BE is what we call a novelty; however, the 92FS is a serious fighting pistol, probably the most reliable pistol ever made.

Personally, unless I have too much money, I would not spend on novelty things.

I shoot my 92FS the best and it was the gun that brought me into the whole firearm hobby thing.


You may call it a novelty, but the rest of us who own them consider them dependable and very accurate. If you want to state that your opinion is that they are a novelty, then I have no beef, but when you say "we" that implies more than you and that just might not be the case.

I have a baby eagle .45 and it is one of the best shooters that I have and fits my hand like it was made for it. Just my .02 cents.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985
Right2Carry
Senior Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth Area

Postby Velocity » Mon May 07, 2007 9:46 pm

I have a BE 9mm I bought in '94 or so, and it's still one of the most accurate firearms I own. VERY easy to shoot, NOT to easy to conceal. :smile:

I also own a Beretta 9000s - fatter than a BE, a bit smaller than a 92fs. Never owned a 92fs, but have shot one, and it was a fine pistol as well.

If this is for a carry gun, I'd say get the 92FS - you're likely to find a greater variety of holsters for it, and it's much more mainstream than the BE. However, if this is for a range, or even home defense gun, give the Baby Eagle a good looking over - it's a fine gun in it's own right, and definitely has some good looks to it. I've often wondered how much (if at all) the "intimidation factor" would come into play if/when a bad guy "faces down" something that looks like a Desert Eagle from the front end. While having ANY gun pointed in your direction is an eye opener, the front end of the Desert Eagle series is fairly well recognized.. :shock:
Velocity
Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Houston, TX

BE vs. Beretta

Postby TraCoun » Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 am

FWIW,
I have a Beretta 96 (.40) and my step-daughter has a BE in .40.
Hers has a less friendly trigger than mine, and some ammo I can shoot easily simply won't function in hers - it goes bang but doesn't get the next round chambered. Have had no problem with the accuracy of hers vs. mine.
TraCoun
TraCoun
Senior Member
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:52 pm
Location: Friendswood, Tx

Postby Lumberjack98 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 am

Don't the Isreali police and military forces carry the Jericho? The Jericho is the Baby Eagle.

I would not call it a novelty if it's in use and has proven itself with the Isreali forces.
Texas XD Practical Shooters Association
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member
User avatar
Lumberjack98
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:15 pm
Location: Katy

Postby jimd1981 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:41 am

I'm by no means an expert at this, but I carry a 92fs (M9 model) on a daily basis, and practice with it at least weekly.
It's a large pistol, but conceals with the right holster. It's not light duty w/15 rounds, and I'll admit it's sometimes a relief to take it off at the end of the day. That said, the pistol is on target, utterly reliable, easy to clean, and comfortable to shoot. (When I find the right *smaller* pistol that satisfies those four attributes, I may carry it instead) The safety is still a little stiff, but a few thousand more cycles and I think it'll come around :smile:
jimd1981
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Spring, TX

Postby dpatterson » Tue May 08, 2007 11:56 am

Right2Carry wrote:
Stupid wrote:The BE is what we call a novelty; however, the 92FS is a serious fighting pistol, probably the most reliable pistol ever made.

Personally, unless I have too much money, I would not spend on novelty things.

I shoot my 92FS the best and it was the gun that brought me into the whole firearm hobby thing.


You may call it a novelty, but the rest of us who own them consider them dependable and very accurate. If you want to state that your opinion is that they are a novelty, then I have no beef, but when you say "we" that implies more than you and that just might not be the case.

I have a baby eagle .45 and it is one of the best shooters that I have and fits my hand like it was made for it. Just my .02 cents.


+1
If Guns kill people, my keyboard mispells words.....
dpatterson
Senior Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:19 pm
Location: Lufkin, Texas

Postby Velocity » Tue May 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Lumberjack98 wrote:Don't the Isreali police and military forces carry the Jericho? The Jericho is the Baby Eagle.

I would not call it a novelty if it's in use and has proven itself with the Isreali forces.


Not sure if it's still sold this way, but my BE from ~94 is a "IMI" (Israeli Military Industries) Baby Eagle...
Velocity
Member
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Houston, TX


Return to General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jiannichan, rtschl, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests