Free Tommys Gun Packs

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Free Tommys Gun Packs

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: And I haven't even opened the secret zip pocket on the back side of the pack.
Huh? :confused5
On mine, a medium left-handed one, there is a horizontal zipper on the rear-facing surface of the pack, which opens to a flat "secret" pocket. The zipper runs about 4/5 of the width of the gun compartment. The pocket is non-expanding and about the same height and width as the gun compartment, and it would be suitable for anything flat, like paper money, or a passport, or other documents.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Unicorn Rancher
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Unicorn Rancher »

It looks like they're back to $15.78 with free shipping, or free with $15.78 shipping, or whatever.

Bumping the thread since some of you seemed to like them at this price. I was going to order one when I saw the option for other colors but no dice.

goose
Posts in topic: 1

Post by goose »

Just tried the promo code "FREEPACKS" and the web page said that the coupon expired on the 23rd. All my luck.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

QB
Posts in topic: 8

Post by QB »

Yeah, the codes are usually good for 1 day. They ran the freepacks code twice recently within days of each other so don't give up. Both times was for the All American pack. Three sizes were left...small, medium, large (no extra large avail) ....black, right or left handed.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

The Annoyed Man

RoyGBiv wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: And I haven't even opened the secret zip pocket on the back side of the pack.
Huh? :confused5
RoyGBiv, for your consideration.

I took some pictures by way of reference for anyone interested. Mine is a medium, left handed version; but it's only different by opening the gun compartment on the other side.

In these photos, there is a Glock 19 in the gun compartment; a spare 15 round magazine, sunglasses in a cloth bag, car/house keys, and a Nikon pocket camera in the middle pocket; and my ID holder in the front pocket. Although shown here, there was nothing in the "secret" rear pocket.

TOP VIEW:

SIDE VIEW:

FRONT VIEW:

3/4 VIEW:

"SECRET" POCKET:

GUN POCKET:

MIDDLE POCKET:

NOTE: I did not take a picture of the front pocket opened. In these pictures, it is holding my ID holder. However, typically, this is my loadout:
  • "Secret" Pocket: empty, but it would easily hold a passport.
  • Gun Pocket: my Springfield XDM-45 Compact 3.8 with the 9 round mag in place......which is roughly the same size as the Glock 19 shown here.
  • Middle Pocket: two 13 round extended mags, an Insight WL1AA weapon light, a pair of either prescription sunglasses or reading glasses, depending on time of day. I have also fit my hip pocket wallet in there with everything else.
  • Front Pocket: my iPhone 5s, my ID holder, and my keys.
It is interesting that with the gun in the main pocket, it still looks from the outside like there isn't anything in it, and the full fannypack lays flat when wearing it. It's a very well made and designed fannypack.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

QB

Post by QB »

I received one of mine as well, I think the medium, left handed. I also ordered a small left handed so see what the size difference is.

I have my G42 in a pocket holster and then in the bag and it fits fine. without the pocket holster I think it may fit in the small bag. I wanted to order the extra large just to see if my Glock 34 would fit but they were out of that size or didn't offer it in the "free" offer. Of course I don't carry a Glock 34 but I was just curious.

It is well made and lays nice and flat. Ripping it open is fast....when removing the gun it will sweep your arm at some point in time so I'm going to practice over and over and over opening the pack and drawing the gun (practice unloaded of course).

For $15.78 I like it.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

TAM - Neither of mine have that secret pocket. It looks like you got a free bonus! :cool:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

QB

Post by QB »

Pawpaw wrote:TAM - Neither of mine have that secret pocket. It looks like you got a free bonus! :cool:
Was yours the free ALL AMERICAN model? Those should have that very back flat pocket on the back of the section that your gun goes into.....but maybe they did make a change at some point in time. Mine has it and I think I'll probably put in things like my car insurance and other flat things I don't normally use.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

Mine did not have the secret back pocket. It is a recent change. They are coming out with a new model. Not sure what they can improve.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

QB

Post by QB »

Yeah, they have several models and I did read that they were working on a new one. I did wonder what changes they could be making....

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

QB wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:TAM - Neither of mine have that secret pocket. It looks like you got a free bonus! :cool:
Was yours the free ALL AMERICAN model? Those should have that very back flat pocket on the back of the section that your gun goes into.....but maybe they did make a change at some point in time. Mine has it and I think I'll probably put in things like my car insurance and other flat things I don't normally use.
I have a large for some time and I ordered the small during the same promotion TAM ordered his. Neither one has that extra pocket.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man

QB wrote:
Yes, I ordered the "All American" during the July 4th promotion. I also ordered a large right-handed one for my wife. She doesn't carry a full-sized gun (the Glock 19 in the picture is hers and it's the biggest pistol she owns), and I actually ordered a large one by accident. Their shopping cart system is a little clunky. I had meant to order her a medium like mine, but she says that she actually prefers to have the large one, although I don't know why.

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

I didn't order one and do not see myself wearing one. However, I still feel like I missed out.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

QB

Post by QB »

Bumping........it's active again for 7/31/14 - free (plus $15.78 for shipping) All American Gun Packs

Same code: FREEPACKS

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

I just tried and it told me "FREEPACKS" is not a valid code.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”