Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 9mm

Post by TVGuy »

patterson wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
patterson wrote:im not an opponent to the striker fired platform and im not a die hard da/sa platform fan or Sig only fan and everything else is junk I like firearms by a lot of makers and have them as well and im still considering a G19 but not for carry that is my choice just as its a choice for many to shoot glocks only but it seems those are the people that rip on people if they like something better than glocks
I read this without taking a breath...too exhausted to reply!
the other day you wanted this topic to end but as I saw from your earlier post today you wanted to discuss it more
I believe he was speaking in regards to your lack of punctuation. I felt like I had run a mile after reading it too.

Topic author
patterson
Posts in topic: 40

Post by patterson »

haha that's how I speak with no pauses sorry

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

SQLGeek wrote:
patterson wrote:its a choice for many to shoot glocks only but it seems those are the people that rip on people if they like something better than glocks
I don't see anybody ripping on anybody in this thread for choosing to own and carry the firearms that they do.
let me re- phrase that ripping on the da/sa platform

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Sig P226 and G17. Pick a coin. Assign one model to heads and the other to tails. Flip the coin 7 times. Keep track of which comes up 4 times. Or if you want some real entertainment go to a card reader or a psychic and let them know you need to make a choice between two options without telling what they are.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

sparkyfender

Post by sparkyfender »

I own both, but really carry neither.

They are both great pistols. Either one would serve you well.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

patterson wrote:im not an opponent to the striker fired platform and im not a die hard da/sa platform fan or Sig only fan and everything else is junk I like firearms by a lot of makers and have them as well and im still considering a G19 but not for carry that is my choice just as its a choice for many to shoot glocks only but it seems those are the people that rip on people if they like something better than glocks
What? There's something better than a Glock? Just teasing.

I like Glocks, but do have a couple other things after purchasing my first Glock ~13 years ago. I have only CC'd a Glock and chose to do so because of the simplicity and reliability and on the recommendation of two different police officers. Just because that's what I've chosen to carry doesn't mean I can't appreciate anything else.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

C-dub wrote:
What? There's something better than a Glock? Just teasing.

I like Glocks, but do have a couple other things after purchasing my first Glock ~13 years ago. I have only CC'd a Glock and chose to do so because of the simplicity and reliability and on the recommendation of two different police officers. Just because that's what I've chosen to carry doesn't mean I can't appreciate anything else.
Yeah Sigs,CZs and HKs just teasing

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I like HK stuff. Don't have any yet, but I like them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

I don't have one either but have shot a friends,and oh I left out Dan Wesson 1911 earlier just teasing again

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

patterson wrote:I don't have one either but have shot a friends,and oh I left out Dan Wesson 1911 earlier just teasing again
Like the 1911 for the beauty and history. I'll have one of those before an HK. My only problem is deciding on new or old for a piece of history to go with my Garand.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

C-dub wrote:
patterson wrote:I don't have one either but have shot a friends,and oh I left out Dan Wesson 1911 earlier just teasing again
Like the 1911 for the beauty and history. I'll have one of those before an HK. My only problem is deciding on new or old for a piece of history to go with my Garand.
well the M1 Garand is one we both like but ive never shot one but love the sound it makes when it throws the empty clip

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

patterson wrote:
C-dub wrote:
well the M1 Garand is one we both like but ive never shot one but love the sound it makes when it throws the empty clip
The darn thing is so loud I haven't really noticed the famous sound yet. :lol: It doesn't seem to be near as prominent as in the movies. At least to me.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

what does one cost these days

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

patterson wrote:what does one cost these days
Check them out over at CMP.
http://www.thecmp.org/sales/m1garand.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or you might get lucky and find one yourself from a friend or friend of a friend or at a gun show or just about anywhere. Prices seem to range from as low as around $700 to at least $2k for the various models. This is a decent place to start to get an idea of a rifle's value so that when you do see one somewhere you will have an idea of what it's worth.

Topic author
patterson

Post by patterson »

C-dub wrote:
patterson wrote:what does one cost these days
Check them out over at CMP.
http://www.thecmp.org/sales/m1garand.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or you might get lucky and find one yourself from a friend or friend of a friend or at a gun show or just about anywhere. Prices seem to range from as low as around $700 to at least $2k for the various models. This is a decent place to start to get an idea of a rifle's value so that when you do see one somewhere you will have an idea of what it's worth.
those prices for replicas or actual rifles from WW2

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”