Posts in topic: 8

Re: I Pity The Fool Who Doesn't Use A Maglula

Post by patterson »

haven't tried the Tripp 10 rounder yet I just have the 8 rounders

lfinsr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lfinsr »

Not sayin' that's the case here, but most people I've seen at the range don't know that you just need to snap the round into the magazine when loading .223/5.56, no tools necessary. The UpLULA still makes it easier but it really makes a difference when unloading. Just snap it on and move the lever back and forth and they fall out.

Loading pistol magazines, however, is a completely different story and I wouldn't be without one. I can load a 1911 magazine in probably 1/2 the time not to mention the wear and tear on your fingertips after a long day at the range. I didn't know how much I needed one until I had it. Best "gadget" purchase I ever made along with the Ultimate Cliploader I use for .22's.

Be forewarned, you will spend more money on ammo since you spend less time loading...

Larry
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

Bought the UpLula 5 or 6 years ago at Academy. My thumb appreciates it, especially after hand surgery.
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

RetNavy wrote:i can load my 10 rd Tripp mags by hand upto about 3 or 4 rds then have to use it to finish...
You should try loading 14 rounds of .45 ACP into the ParaUSA 14-45 mags. The last two rounds are a real bear when using just fingers.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

patterson wrote:I can load mags faster with it so more time spent shooting
Oh good. I can go through my money faster. :biggrinjester:

I may give in one of these days and get one. I can load my .45 mags okay, but the PMAGs are what slows me down. I'll probably get one for those first if and when I do.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

patterson

Post by patterson »

C-dub wrote:
patterson wrote:I can load mags faster with it so more time spent shooting
Oh good. I can go through my money faster. :biggrinjester:

I may give in one of these days and get one. I can load my .45 mags okay, but the PMAGs are what slows me down. I'll probably get one for those first if and when I do.
Hey if your into shooting your already spending your money

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

C-dub wrote:I keep seeing these things in the stores, but haven't gotten one yet. Are they really that much easier to load with? Ya'll are tempting me.
You can try mine next time we go.
The proof is in the usage....

Krystal just got one herself this past week. ;-)

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Jumping Frog wrote:
george wrote:The one for the AR mags is a great idea. I don't really like the ones for the pistol mags, though. Totally different design. They work okay if you are at a shooting bench and have something to push against, but for IDPA, I prefer something else.
If I do not have a bench to push against, I can load with my UpLula by pushing against my belt buckle while standing or pushing against my thigh while sitting. Love my UpLula whether I have a bench or not!
The Wife swears by hers. When I load my M&Pc to full load out, I use one as the smaller mag is super stiff otherwise.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I don't own a Maglula for handguns since I can easily load all of my pistol mags except the sig P938. I have that one covered with another mag loader.

For the AR, though, I wouldn't trade for my StripLULA. It makes loading those 30-rounders a breeze. It's small, light, and will fit just about anywhere. :thumbs2:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I only own one firearm that has a magazine that I need a loading tool for, my Excel Arms 22 mag pistol (and I only use that loading tool due to the design of the magazine). I have never had a problem loading any magazine in any handgun. I guess my hands/fingers are stronger than most.

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RetNavy »

just picked up another Uplula at Walmart cost was 30.00... going to keep this one the truck just in case...says fit both single and double mags, 9mm-.45
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

The one I'd really like to have is their bench-loader, but wow... $430... I'm pretty sure I could make my own for way less than that, if I ever really need one.

They're really cool, though.

All you need to add is something to make sure the bullets are facing the right way, and with an ammo hopper, mag hopper, and a few pistons, you could make an automated magazine loading robot around one of those. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

patterson

Post by patterson »

RetNavy wrote:just picked up another Uplula at Walmart cost was 30.00... going to keep this one the truck just in case...says fit both single and double mags, 9mm-.45
it will load single stack mags but they wobble inside the loader and that's why I got the 1911 adapter for mine because that's what I shoot the most

patterson

Post by patterson »

I can load my Sig double stack 15 round 9mm mags easy by hand but I still use the loader because its faster

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”