Buying Selling Question

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 2

Buying Selling Question

Post by TEX »

Going to the big gun show in Tulsa. I am resident of Texas. What are the rules on me selling firearms (couple of safe queens) and me purchasing firearms. I believe I can purchase long guns legally, but don't know if I can sell long guns, or if I can sell a pistol. Any help would be appreciated.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Buying Selling Question

Post by Jumping Frog »

You are only legal doing transactions with an FFL.

All interstate private transactions between non-FFL residents of different states are illegal. (within this context, not discussing inheritance)

You can sell either long guns or handguns to an FFL.

You can purchase long guns from an FFL.

You cannot purchase handguns from an FFL in a different state. Handgun purchases from an FFL are only legal in your state of residence (I.e., Texas). If there is a handgun you want to buy, the FFL could ship it to a Texas FFL and you would have to complete the transaction in Texas.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

Jumping Frog wrote:You are only legal doing transactions with an FFL.

All interstate private transactions between non-FFL residents of different states are illegal. (within this context, not discussing inheritance)

You can sell either long guns or handguns to an FFL.

You can purchase long guns from an FFL.

You cannot purchase handguns from an FFL in a different state. Handgun purchases from an FFL are only legal in your state of residence (I.e., Texas). If there is a handgun you want to buy, the FFL could ship it to a Texas FFL and you would have to complete the transaction in Texas.
Whoop there it is.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TEX »

Mooocho GrassyUs
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”