North Texas LR shooters (range visit 12/06/14)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

North Texas LR shooters (range visit 12/06/14)

Post by Beiruty »

Now, that I have 2 LR rifles and have access for 500 yrds for $20 per visit and it's just 45min drive from Mckinney area.
I would like LR shooters to gather and go 500 yrds shootings, we can leverage our toys, like if someone has a good chrono, etc.
Thus, if anyone is interested reply here and we would find the right time to go shooting and learn from each other, have fun shooting some steels.
Last edited by Beiruty on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Re: North Texas LR shooters

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Hi Beiruty,

Does the facility have shorter range available also? I may have some time between now and the holidays or shortly after the first of year. Also, which direction from McKinney? I am in Little Elm.

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The range has 100yrds to 500 yrds plus pistol and shotgun ranges. I guess there is fee for each range. The range is in Leonard, TX.

Here is the web page: http://www.topguntexas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Location: http://maps.yahoo.com/place/?q=519%20Pr ... 75452-4239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,

jminn1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jminn1 »

Thanks for posting this... I've been looking for a range like this for a while now.
Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism. Barry Goldwater

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Tomorrow, Saturday 12/6 I will be heading to the 500 yrds range mentioned above. If anyone is interested to join, post here or PM. I will respond PM with my Cell #.
Beiruty,

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Beiruty, I'd give a try, but I'm in California this weekend. Too bad I didn't bring a rifle..... There's a 700 yard range not 20 minutes from where I'm staying....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Beiruty, there's a longer range over towards my site of the "Friscoplex" that's about 20 minutes from me near Sanger. The range in Leonard is more like 50 minutes for me. I'll try to catch you on your next trip out there.

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Beiruty, there's a longer range over towards my site of the "Friscoplex" that's about 20 minutes from me near Sanger. The range in Leonard is more like 50 minutes for me. I'll try to catch you on your next trip out there.
Then, next time we will go there.
I just came in. My rifle did admirably. I did 2-sighter at 100 yrds and it was within 1/4" plus 2 like 1" left as the wind was coming from north (12 o'clock) and gusting up to 15-20Mph. Temp was 63F and AP was 29.83". A very beautiful day. There was at least some 15-20 shooters there.
I shot at 100, 300, 400 steel and 500 steel. All shots at 400yrds and 500yrds are hits other than 1-head shot at 500 was miss.
At 300, I shot 3-shot group and it was less 2". Then I added 2-more shots that they came low due strong head wind coming from behind the berm. I was very satisfied with that.
At 100, I shot 2-shots plus 2-shots. 2 where in the 1/4" red bullseye and 2 to left.

I will post photos to the steel targets and the paper targets, (loved the head shots at 500) silhouette targets. :hurry: :hurry:

Note: one shooter who came afternoon was shooting a Savage in 338LP. He hit once a 3" steel target at 500 yrds It was dead center. A lucky shot? :biggrinjester:

300 yards target:

100 yards target:

500 yards targets: Note the head shots, and many shooters were shooting at the same target :bigmouth

On the next target, I guess the small craters are my shots, 500 yards

here at 500 yards, center mass and head shots are mine:
Another view for the target of the day, same as above:
Beiruty,

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”