Sent a gun back to Taurus

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Sent a gun back to Taurus

Post by CoffeeNut »

AdioSS wrote:What'd it cost to send it to Taurus? How did you ship it?
I bought a label from Taurus for $50 after shopping around. It was sent 2 day air via FedEx.

If I wouldn't have purchased their label it would have cost me about $70.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

Both Taurus handguns I own have broken, one is a PT140 in which the mag catch broke , I called them and they agreed to send the part so I could do the repair myself which I did. No issues since then. The other is a .454 Raging Bull that I beat to death with full house loads (appox. 1000) until cylinder quit closing, that one I sent back and they repaired quickly and for nothing. Just based on their CS, I will continue to buy from them, heck, I have a Glock 30 that breaks more than my Taurus's.

hornetfan63
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hornetfan63 »

I have a Taurus pt 111 g2. I had a few ftf in the first 150 rounds. Since then nothing but reliability I trust my life to a Taurus and am not ashamed about it.

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Taurus updated the repair status page today and acknowledged receipt of my handgun. I'm checking that page so often it reminds me of when I was checking on my CHL. :lol::

Topic author
CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I got my PT92 back today which means Taurus had it for less than two non-business weeks (it took a bit for FedEx to ship it on my end). The repair sheet says that they replaced a damaged magazine release, damaged sear and in the comments they said they also replaced a "screw cap". Allegedly they fired 36 rounds of Winchester ammo but my magazines told a different story. They also went ahead and replaced my grip screws which were looking pretty bad.

I took the gun out and wiped it down, inserted a magazine and made sure my problem was solved. Everything appears to be back to normal and I'm very happy. I can feel and see the difference in the magazine release.

I did get concerned when I started racking the slide because it wasn't locking back. I immediately started reaching for the phone to throw a fit but something told me to clean the magazines before I ruined an employees day. I'm glad I did because the insides of the magazines looked like they were tossed into a barrel of wet carbon and left to dry. After cleaning them up all is working as it should.

:woohoo

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”