Current Market Value Regarding Colt's Pistol:

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
9mmfan
Posts in topic: 3

Current Market Value Regarding Colt's Pistol:

Post by 9mmfan »

So I find myself in a touch of a quandary.

I am waffling on the notion of selling off my Colt (.45 1991 Government Model, "100 Years of Service" roll mark, easily 98% with all hang tags, manual, box, and 3 additional Check-Mate magazines) in order to buy a portable/jobsite table saw (likely a DeWalt DW745 or maybe a Bosch GTS1031, I still need to weigh the pros and cons) and an air compressor.

I am two years into owning an older home, and can use these tools to update and improve my beloved domicile.

Problem being, I have seen that the company might be in some trouble. They recently offered a mail-in rebate on the sort of thing I might be looking to sell.

What I'm wondering is, has the market softened enough on these particular guns to warrant waiting a bit longer?

I know that the standard answer would be "put it up and see if it sells", but am curious in regards to a realistic asking price.

As always, I thank you all in advance for your time and advice.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
-Rudyard Kipling

Salty1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Current Market Value Regarding Colt's Pistol:

Post by Salty1 »

Could be worth checking out GunBroker and see what they are actually selling for. That will give you an idea. I did a quick search for "Colt 100 Year" and came up with a few although no bids placed on them yet.
Salty1

Topic author
9mmfan

Post by 9mmfan »

Thanks, Salty1.

I had considered Gunbroker, but don't have an account to view the completed auctions. Also, when I have looked on GB, it seems like a majority of sellers are asking inflated prices. Of course I haven't been in the gun-buying business for a bit now, so I might be a touch out of the loop. Fortunately I got most of my bases covered before we moved.

I'll keep an eye over there to see if there is any activity.

Thanks again.

Edited to add: Ouch! Just checked Bud's. Brand new going for $710. Seems like a couple months back they were twixt $8-900. Could be misremembering that, though.
-Rudyard Kipling

Topic author
9mmfan

Post by 9mmfan »

Of course I just looked at GB, and there was a humble base 100 Years GM with a Buy It Now price of $1299.

That roll mark must be demanding quite the premium! :mrgreen:

I'm not going to get my hopes up in that direction, though.
-Rudyard Kipling

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

9mmfan wrote:I had considered Gunbroker, but don't have an account to view the completed auctions.
This is the only recent actual sale on Gunbroker that includes the "100 Years of Service" roll mark. There are other expired auctions that received zero bids.

This gun sold for $750.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =464232312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”