tax return in, deciding on a new ccw... thoughts?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Re: tax return in, deciding on a new ccw... thoughts?

Post by jmra »

If you liked the 27, you'll love the 26.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrvmax »

XD Mod 2, I have not fired one but I have liked the ones I have sold.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Ive been shoping as well.
The m&p sheild and the sig p938 is what I found in very compact 9mm.
I have a g26 and will say I dont think its a bad choice.

LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

If you don't have an objection to a thumb safety, the P938 is worth taking a look at. With the extended mag you will have 7+1 so you'll probably have to carry a spare mag. It's thin & conceals well. I'm very happy with mine as it feels good in my hand, I shoot it well, have had zero problems with it. It most likely will be more expensive than the other options you mentioned so that may be a consideration as well. Good luck.
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

LeakyWaders wrote:If you don't have an objection to a thumb safety, the P938 is worth taking a look at. With the extended mag you will have 7+1 so you'll probably have to carry a spare mag. It's thin & conceals well. I'm very happy with mine as it feels good in my hand, I shoot it well, have had zero problems with it. It most likely will be more expensive than the other options you mentioned so that may be a consideration as well. Good luck.
The P938 is an excellent firearm but please keep one thing in mind if you are going to use a firearm with a thumb safety for self defense. Range time is important for profeincy with any firearm, but becoming proficient with a firearm with a thumb safety requires enough range time to ensure you have learned muscle memory related to the thumb safety. You should practice with the weapon to the point that you do not think about disengaging the safety, it simply happens as part of your shooting motion. For some this happens quickly, for others not so much. One of the most gut wrenching videos I've ever seen was security camera footage of a jewelry store owner who got the drop on thugs breaking into his store. You can see the 1911 move slightly in his hand as he attemps to pull the trigger. The store owner was shot multiple times and never managed to get the thumb safety out of the safe position.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I hear that the Glock 54 is twice as good as the Glock 27. :mrgreen:

I like the XDS45 a lot and have one for my EDC. I haven't been able to handle a 9mm yet, but I do know that it is marginally heavier than the .45 (same barrel OD, but smaller ID = more metal). I don't know if that 1.5 oz makes any practical difference or not.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

i have a glock 26, an xds .45 and a sig p238 as my carry options....glock 26 is my hands down favorite as a main edc because of round count for the size and with my whitehat maxtuck i forget i have it on sometimes....the xds is even better when it comes to comfort but i only carry it back and forth to work. i don't like the round count, but of all the gun fights i've been in (0 that is) i've never had to use more than 0..... the p238 is my pocket gun and is for when i can't have any printing possibility.
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

I had a XDs 9mm. I traded it and looking back wish I had kept it as I had s lot of stuff for it. But It didnt get carried much to be honest. I carry a Glock 19 or HK USPc 9mm most days with a Beretta Pico in the pocket.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”