The Pigman is one unsafe hunter when using a handgun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

The Pigman is one unsafe hunter when using a handgun

Post by mrvmax »

I do not have cable so I only see what gets posted on his Youtube channel. I was viewing some of his videos and this one below makes him look like a newbie, he is going to get someone hurt the way he handles the firearm not to mention this pro does not know the difference between a clip and a magazine. I am surprised he even posted it, I think that shows that he does not even realize how unsafe he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljjnbEXlpQ

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Re: The Pigman is one unsafe hunter when using a handgun

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

mrvmax wrote:I do not have cable so I only see what gets posted on his Youtube channel. I was viewing some of his videos and this one below makes him look like a newbie, he is going to get someone hurt the way he handles the firearm not to mention this pro does not know the difference between a clip and a magazine. I am surprised he even posted it, I think that shows that he does not even realize how unsafe he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljjnbEXlpQ
I've never seen or heard of this show before, but that video disgusts me. Numerous times... numerous times he points his firearm at himself or others. later on the next scene in the video, with slide forward, he's pointing it around as he and the other guy crouch near the pig, with his finger on the bang switch. Regardless of what is going on, I would never hunt nor be around that man. Despicable. :nono:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:I've never seen or heard of this show before, but that video disgusts me. Numerous times... numerous times he points his firearm at himself or others. later on the next scene in the video, with slide forward, he's pointing it around as he and the other guy crouch near the pig, with his finger on the bang switch. Regardless of what is going on, I would never hunt nor be around that man. Despicable. :nono:
:iagree: A poster boy for the Anti's. I won't be watching.
NRA Endowment Member

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

WildBill wrote: A poster boy for the Anti's. I won't be watching.

You have that right. Can't stand the show.

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

WildBill wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:I've never seen or heard of this show before, but that video disgusts me. Numerous times... numerous times he points his firearm at himself or others. later on the next scene in the video, with slide forward, he's pointing it around as he and the other guy crouch near the pig, with his finger on the bang switch. Regardless of what is going on, I would never hunt nor be around that man. Despicable. :nono:
:iagree: A poster boy for the Anti's. I won't be watching.
:iagree: Just another reason as to why I will not watch. It made me think of teenager filming a hunting reality show for some reason. I'm surprised there hasn't been any movies made to glamorize sandy hook for anti-gun purposes. I guess they are focusing to many of their lies into the media to spare some for a movie. :roll:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Never been a fan.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

I think that's the guy from my neck of the woods. Haven't seen his show, much.

That video is painful to watch - and might have been far more painful to witness. The only slack I'd cut him, maybe, would be for taking down the charging hog. I've never really studied the destructive ability of feral pigs or wild hogs, but I've heard it can be extreme. Circling the animal, firing back toward the cameraman, I guess that could be adrenaline and target fixation. Waving the gun around afterward is hard to justify.

This morning my wife had one of those bounty hunter shows on, Colorado Bounty Hunter, or something like that. First they stopped one poor sod at gunpoint who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then they passed a bottle of brandy around while on the armed prowl for a fugitive.

Guns and booze. Drawing on the wrong targets. Non-optimal tactics, I'm thinking.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

treadlightly wrote:I think that's the guy from my neck of the woods. Haven't seen his show, much.

That video is painful to watch - and might have been far more painful to witness. The only slack I'd cut him, maybe, would be for taking down the charging hog. I've never really studied the destructive ability of feral pigs or wild hogs, but I've heard it can be extreme. Circling the animal, firing back toward the cameraman, I guess that could be adrenaline and target fixation. Waving the gun around afterward is hard to justify.

This morning my wife had one of those bounty hunter shows on, Colorado Bounty Hunter, or something like that. First they stopped one poor sod at gunpoint who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then they passed a bottle of brandy around while on the armed prowl for a fugitive.

Guns and booze. Drawing on the wrong targets. Non-optimal tactics, I'm thinking.
Many of these shows are of the same ilk as wrestling. Many being staged. Also as a hunter I cringe when I see hunting shows where an animal is shot late in the day and then they wait until the following day to look for them. Most of them are bow hunting shows. Maybe I just happen to see the ones that do that but I've seen far too many to believe it's not an unusual happening. Many times the shadows indicate it's around noon when they film the recovery the following day. The only unspoiled part of the animal would be the horns. I've never found a recipe for antlers. As an ethical hunter I believe I consider one of the most important aspects of taking the shot is asking myself if it's not an instant kill can I find the animal under the conditions. Sorry to veer off track.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

I wonder if Midway people ever really watched that before adding their advertising? I would hope not!
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”