San Antonio gun show - posted?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 3

San Antonio gun show - posted?

Post by johncanfield »

May 30 , 31st at Freeman Coliseum Expo Hall. Haven't been to that one - is it posted 30.06?
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Javier730
Posts in topic: 2

Re: San Antonio gun show - posted?

Post by Javier730 »

Last time I went it was. I have never been to a gun show in san antonio that was not posted. I no longer go to gun shows for this reason.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn86 »

It will be posted, you can count on it.
NRA Life Member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

went to it back in the winter, it was posted.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Grrrrr... :nono:

harrycallahan
Banned

Post by harrycallahan »

I don't go because the sound of those stun guns brings back bad memories.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

One thing I do love about gun shows its the smell. The smell of those delicious funnel cakes.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

From what I could tell after a quick search, Freeman Coliseum is owned by Bexar County. Therefore, any 30.06 posting would be unenforceable.
(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun...
The same gun show is frequently at the Will Rogers Coliseum in Ft. Worth, and is always 30.06 posted. However, Will Rogers is owned by the City of Ft. Worth, so I ignore the 30.06 sign for the same reason.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

HadEmAll

Post by HadEmAll »

With people pulling their concealed carries to try new holsters, grips, and other paraphenalia, it makes sense. Would be chaos otherwise.

You can carry, it just has to be unloaded and tied.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

i have never been to a gun show that wasn't posted.
Skip Bishop

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

SkipB wrote:i have never been to a gun show that wasn't posted.
The one I went to in Houston last week at the George R. Brown center was NOT posted. I had been in the past, so I was walking slowly up to the gun-check counter, looking around, when the HPD officer behind the counter asked me if I needed help (as if I looked like I was lost - he was being helpful).

I told him I was looking for a 30.06 sign, because I did not want to break the law, but he said that they no longer post. He told me that if I intend to keep it holstered the whole time, and never pull it out to try on a holster, etc. all should be fine...carry on.

It was a refreshing change from my previous experiences there.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

mloamiller wrote:From what I could tell after a quick search, Freeman Coliseum is owned by Bexar County. Therefore, any 30.06 posting would be unenforceable.
(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun...
The same gun show is frequently at the Will Rogers Coliseum in Ft. Worth, and is always 30.06 posted. However, Will Rogers is owned by the City of Ft. Worth, so I ignore the 30.06 sign for the same reason.
Well, isn't that interesting, next time I'll ignore the sign. It was a good show (good=large) with a great selection of handguns - Glocks, Springfields, S&W, Rugers, a good selection of Sigs, and a few H&Ks and FNs. Almost anything you wanted in tactical was there from accessories to guns. There was even a .50 BMG there near the front. Not sure if it was a Barrett, Cobb or something else, I didn't get that close. I was on a mission to buy a Sig so I whizzed around the rows and was finished in an hour, otherwise I could have spent the entire day there.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Vol Texan wrote:
SkipB wrote:i have never been to a gun show that wasn't posted.
The one I went to in Houston last week at the George R. Brown center was NOT posted. I had been in the past, so I was walking slowly up to the gun-check counter, looking around, when the HPD officer behind the counter asked me if I needed help (as if I looked like I was lost - he was being helpful).

I told him I was looking for a 30.06 sign, because I did not want to break the law, but he said that they no longer post. He told me that if I intend to keep it holstered the whole time, and never pull it out to try on a holster, etc. all should be fine...carry on.

It was a refreshing change from my previous experiences there.
Thank good info Vol. I would rather not have to disarm at a gun show. Hopefully they will all do the same.
Skip Bishop

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”