CZ 75

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 7

Re: CZ 75

Post by E.Marquez »

74novaman wrote:
AndyC wrote:I'm liking those straight triggers a lot.
Thought you'd like an updated pic of the SA:

[ Image ]

:coolgleamA:
Did you do the trigger install yourself? Or have a trusted shop? If shop.. WHO?????

Thanks
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

74novaman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by 74novaman »

E.Marquez wrote: Did you do the trigger install yourself? Or have a trusted shop? If shop.. WHO?????

Thanks
Did it myself.

Took some time, I got frustrated once or twice or three times...but got it done. Took it out this morning.

First magazine through the gun post upgrades at 10 yards, trying to get used to the new trigger:

And one more CZ 75 pic for good measure:

TANSTAAFL

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Thanks Andy. :tiphat:

E Marquez, I'm about 45 min away from you in Temple. If you decide to tackle the same project, I'd be happy to come over and help out now that I vaguely know what I'm doing. You're in charge of the hammer and punches though....managed not to scratch up my CZ, but sure as heck don't want to mess up and scratch up someone elses!
TANSTAAFL

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm going to buy a CZ75, probably the SA version and I'm going to tell Martha it's your fault folks! I think you guys should donate to my CZ fund.

Chas.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'm going to buy a CZ75, probably the SA version and I'm going to tell Martha it's your fault folks! I think you guys should donate to my CZ fund.

Chas.
:cheers2:

Charles,

One thing I'd like to warn you about, despite the fact that I love my SA: Holster availability isn't as good for it as other CZs, IIRC because it uses the .40 cal slide profile instead of the 9mm profile so it won't fit into most traditional CZ 75 holsters.

There are plenty of kydex options for both concealed carry and shooting sports available for it, but leather and hybrid holsters might be harder to find. I don't know, all of mine for it are kydex and that works just fine for me.

You can always get a more traditional CZ and convert it to SAO, but I really like the SA because in addition to already being SAO, it has the extended beavertail and extended ambi safety that the traditional model lacks, and that was more important to me than holster availability.
TANSTAAFL

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

74novaman wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I'm going to buy a CZ75, probably the SA version and I'm going to tell Martha it's your fault folks! I think you guys should donate to my CZ fund.

Chas.
:cheers2:

Charles,

One thing I'd like to warn you about, despite the fact that I love my SA: Holster availability isn't as good for it as other CZs, IIRC because it uses the .40 cal slide profile instead of the 9mm profile so it won't fit into most traditional CZ 75 holsters.

There are plenty of kydex options for both concealed carry and shooting sports available for it, but leather and hybrid holsters might be harder to find. I don't know, all of mine for it are kydex and that works just fine for me.

You can always get a more traditional CZ and convert it to SAO, but I really like the SA because in addition to already being SAO, it has the extended beavertail and extended ambi safety that the traditional model lacks, and that was more important to me than holster availability.
Thanks for the heads-up. I may go with the B model then, but I too like the extended ambi safety. I plan to use it in competition and although I can make holsters, I'd prefer not to. It has the "drop free" magazine, but I'm not at all sure what that means. I would hope that the mags will drop from any CZ75, unlike the early days of Glocks.

I found this video impressive. He upgraded a 75 B trigger to get something pretty close to a 1911 trigger.

Chas.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

74novaman wrote:Thanks Andy. :tiphat:

E Marquez, I'm about 45 min away from you in Temple. If you decide to tackle the same project, I'd be happy to come over and help out now that I vaguely know what I'm doing. You're in charge of the hammer and punches though....managed not to scratch up my CZ, but sure as heck don't want to mess up and scratch up someone elses!
Andy heck of an offer, so thank you.

What I have planned is a complete disassembly, then have the frame and slide refinished. While I trust the job to be done (coating) to any number of local shops... I do not have confidence in thier ability to strip and successfully reinstall the components. the DA/SA trigger group on a CZ75 Pre B is known to be a bit tricky.

While I'm pretty confident I can do the work,, with the likely several weeks between disassembly and reassembly Im considering farming out that part... Not yet decided.

More thinking on this one,,,before I commit to putting roll pin punch and brass hammer to use.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: It has the "drop free" magazine, but I'm not at all sure what that means. I would hope that the mags will drop from any CZ75, unlike the early days of Glocks.

I found this video impressive. He upgraded a 75 B trigger to get something pretty close to a 1911 trigger.

Chas.
Not all CZ magazines drop free from the factory (though that can be fixed as well). Holdover from the European military "mag retention is more important than mag changes" mindset, I think and is a function of the magazine brake in the gun, not the magazines themselves.

That video is pretty close to how my trigger is now. It is nice.

Like I said earlier, about the only thing I can compare it to quality wise is my 22/45 with Vorquartsen parts, and that is about the nicest trigger I've ever fired on anything, pistol or rifle.

Springs/hammer kit from Cajun Gun Works is important too, not just swapping out the trigger.

Like I said, lots of kydex holsters out there (which I personally prefer for competition). There may be some nice leather options too, I'll check into it for you (and maybe for me too).
TANSTAAFL

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

74novaman wrote: Not all CZ magazines drop free from the factory (though that can be fixed as well). Holdover from the European military "mag retention is more important than mag changes" mindset, I think and is a function of the magazine brake in the gun, not the magazines themselves. .
Yes it is a mag brake issue, nothing to do with the mag itself.
It is a spring steel "brake" that can be massaged to eliminate the issue or replaced/ modified to remove the function.
CZ75MAgbreakoriginal[1].jpg
CZ75MAgbreakoriginal[1].jpg (11.51 KiB) Viewed 2605 times

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

E.Marquez wrote: More thinking on this one,,,before I commit to putting roll pin punch and brass hammer to use.
Well if you're ever in Temple you can shoot mine if it'll help you decide what to do. :cool:

If you wait another week or week and a half I should have the last parts I need to get my P01 Cajunized too. The SAO is great, I'm curious to see what their parts do for a DA/SA gun.
TANSTAAFL

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Is the CZ P-01 still being manufactured and/or imported? I can't find any on Budsgunshop.com, unless I'm just missing them in the vast list of various models. There is an SP-01, but it's a full size gun with a rail. They have the CZ 75 Compact, but it's an all steel gun and I think the P-01 has an alloy frame.

Chas.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Is the CZ P-01 still being manufactured and/or imported? I can't find any on Budsgunshop.com, unless I'm just missing them in the vast list of various models. There is an SP-01, but it's a full size gun with a rail. They have the CZ 75 Compact, but it's an all steel gun and I think the P-01 has an alloy frame.

Chas.
It is, I just recently picked one up from Buds actually. Still alloy frame, decocker model.

Found a link to Buds for you: http://www.budsgunshop.com//catalog/pro ... s_id/13658

What I'd love to find is a bit of a rare bird: The Compact L.

It's alloy framed with a rail like the P01, but instead of a decocker it has a safety, so I could convert a Compact L to SAO like my SA, which I can't do with my P01.
TANSTAAFL

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”