Question about:B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Question about:B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock

Post by Abraham »

I have a Magpul standard stock on of my Colt LE6920 and it doesn't provide a good cheek weld, so I'm considering a B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock.

Can I simply swap out the Magpul and install the B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock without having to swap out or add, or subtract, anything else, like the buffer tube, etc.?

Thanks!

P.S. I have a Rogers Super Stock on the other AR and it provides a perfect cheek weld.

Scott B.

Re: Question about:B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock

Post by Scott B. »

The only thing you need to know is if you have a commercial or milspec buffer tube. The diameters are different and threads may or may not be different.

Easiest way to tell is remove the Magpul stock and check if the end of the buffer tube is flat (milspec) or angled (commercial) and order the right flavor of replacement stock. No extra parts needed when staying within carbine style stocks.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

...and if you want to go cheap, you can get a cheek riser for your magpul stock.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

Scott B. wrote:The only thing you need to know is if you have a commercial or milspec buffer tube. The diameters are different and threads may or may not be different.

Easiest way to tell is remove the Magpul stock and check if the end of the buffer tube is flat (milspec) or angled (commercial) and order the right flavor of replacement stock. No extra parts needed when staying within carbine style stocks.
He stated the rifle is a Colt LE6920... milspec receiver extension (buffer tube).

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

He stated the rifle is a Colt LE6920... milspec receiver extension (buffer tube).
That's generally a safe assumption.

However, I don't know if the rifle was built from a stripped colt lower using mix and match parts, or not. Only takes 5 seconds to check. A bit longer if you want to dig out the calipers.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

Scott B. wrote:
That's generally a safe assumption.

However, I don't know if the rifle was built from a stripped colt lower using mix and match parts, or not. Only takes 5 seconds to check. A bit longer if you want to dig out the calipers.
I'm just going off what the OP said he had... a rifle built from a stripped colt lower using mix and match parts is not a Colt LE6920. If he bought it used, you are right and he needs to check, because who knows what may have been changed.

Afff_667
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Afff_667 »

Abraham wrote:I have a Magpul standard stock on of my Colt LE6920 and it doesn't provide a good cheek weld, so I'm considering a B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock.

Can I simply swap out the Magpul and install the B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock without having to swap out or add, or subtract, anything else, like the buffer tube, etc.?

Thanks!

P.S. I have a Rogers Super Stock on the other AR and it provides a perfect cheek weld.
Yes, the B5 stock will simply swap out provided you go mil-spec to mil-spec as has already been covered at length...

The B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stock is nice, and I had them on all of my ARs, including one 6920 that came with a Rogers on it from the factory. I purchased a new BCM lower with one of their new stocks on it in the spring and have been more than impressed with it. In fact, I'm in the process of replacing my B5 stocks with BCM stocks.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNF ... -0-blk.htm

Price is much less, too.
"There's no moral order. There is only this: can my violence conquer your violence?"

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Afff_667,

After further research, I'm considering getting the B5 Systems SOPMOD BRAVO Milspec Stock instead of the Enhanced. I don't need the storage the Enhanced provides and it's heavier plus costlier and the Bravo model is just a few dollars more than the BCM you're getting.

I'll will research your BCM stock suggestion though, as in: Which stock is heaviest between the two and by how much? Are the QD sockets free wheeling (so to speak) or do they lock the swivel in place? Are they equally easy to install? And so on...

Thanks for alternate stock suggestion.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Afff_667,

MrGunsNGear has a terrific U-tube video on both stocks plus.

Most of my questions were answered in this video.

Have a look: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”