Taurus pistols - $39 Million settlement

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Taurus pistols - $39 Million settlement

Post by WinoVeritas »

Taurus free return shipping was 12 months on a new gun; then 6 months; now 3 months. The fact they offered to pay it back was pretty good indication they're trying to resolve problem even if recall/suit isn't totally finalized.

The G2's Millennium or PT24/7 are not affected - all those series earlier are Millennium, Millenium Pro, and any configuration of PT24/7 prior to G2 - that would include OSS, Long Slides, Compact & standard, with or without decocker, Pro or not.

PBR
Posts in topic: 5

Post by PBR »

what ever happened with this to the guys who sent theirs in?
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

rotor
Posts in topic: 16

Post by rotor »

PBR wrote:what ever happened with this to the guys who sent theirs in?
Mine is still at Taurus. They said 6 weeks.

PBR

Post by PBR »

rotor wrote:
so they are repairing it or just unknown still?
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

rotor

Post by rotor »

PBR wrote:
rotor wrote:
so they are repairing it or just unknown still?
It is in that limbo state of unknown. They received it 8/11. I am just waiting to see when they send it back what they will say. Although they tell you that you can check the status on the internet when you type in the id it doesn't show you anything. I did get an email from them saying that they received it. It is not my carry gun and I bought it basically as a keep in the desk gun.

I will post when I hear more.

Waco1959
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Waco1959 »

rotor wrote:It is in that limbo state of unknown. They received it 8/11. I am just waiting to see when they send it back what they will say. Although they tell you that you can check the status on the internet when you type in the id it doesn't show you anything. I did get an email from them saying that they received it. It is not my carry gun and I bought it basically as a keep in the desk gun.
I sent in one of my PT111 MilPros just to see what would happen. Taurus received on 08/12 and I got the same 6 weeks email & letter. I had an online chat that boiled down to "it will checked and repaired if possible" and "if it can't be repaired and the judge OK's the settlement it would likely be replaced." Which sounds like replacements wouldn't go out until after the settlement is final.

I didn't drop test mine but I did find a way to apply the safety and still get the striker to fire. IF I pull the trigger about 1/4" past where the slack is gone when the striker is not cocked, I can force the trigger past the safety and fire the striker. If the striker is cocked or I don't pull the trigger while applying the safety I can't force it.

I know someone with a PT111 (non-pro/Mil pro) .40 that can bypass the safety with a hard trigger pull. I wonder if this is either specific to the .40 models or the earlier PT111?

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 6
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

My most recent call to them was on 8/28/15, and at that time they still had
no details on what the settlement will give to those of us who have the guns on the list.
The rep said to call once a month and/or watch the Taurus website for details.
Thanks for nothing.

I don't see any sense to sending my pistol in just to be checked. I don't want it checked.
When the settlement is finalized the best case scenario for me would be to get a check,
which I can then use to buy another Springer, Ruger, or something else "non-Taurus".

If a check is not in the cards, I would take a new Taurus G2, but I'd rather have the cash.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Went on line today to check on Taurus. Their website doesn't work so had a "chat" with Massiel who said "your firearm is part of the class action settlement. It will be replaced with the pt111g2 please have dealer fax/email copy if their FFL to 786-441-2108 or email to
taurusffl@taurususa.com referencing your service order # and serial # "

So, I am going to wait until I get the formal letter and have my Taurus dealer handle this. I don't know if I will be stuck with a FFL fee or if the dealer will do it for free (I didn't buy it locally). I sent in two mags and I hope I get two mags back.

Those that sent theirs in should hear soon I guess.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 6
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The link above says that reimbursement may be made "up to $200".
I wonder what determines any individual's exact reimbursement.

With regards to getting your mags back, I don't recall if it was Taurus' site,
or someone else's, but some manufacturer states that magazines will not be returned
due to the patchwork of laws regarding different states' maximum magazine sizes.

States with restrictive mag sizes usually limit it to 10 rounds, but I believe NYS
has a 7 round limit. IIRC, a 10 rounder in NYS is OK as long as you only partially
load it with 7 rounds. Thank goodness we don't have that nanny state nonsense here.

At such time as I call the claims number above, I will post the substance of the call
on this thread. Don't hold your breath for my entry. You are free to go the fridge
for a cold beverage. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

Call from Taurus USA today saying I would be receiving three new Millennium G2 pistols to replace the Mil Pro's I sent in (2-.40 & 1-9MM). Wanted my FFL to send his info referencing the SO#'s. Taurus to pay shipping and will reimburse FFL fees.

PBR

Post by PBR »

WinoVeritas wrote:Call from Taurus USA today saying I would be receiving three new Millennium G2 pistols to replace the Mil Pro's I sent in (2-.40 & 1-9MM). Wanted my FFL to send his info referencing the SO#'s. Taurus to pay shipping and will reimburse FFL fees.
nice - i went and looked at taurus site but they dont pt145 pro anymore, or at least not that i seen so i wonder what they would replace it with
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

rotor

Post by rotor »

WinoVeritas wrote:Call from Taurus USA today saying I would be receiving three new Millennium G2 pistols to replace the Mil Pro's I sent in (2-.40 & 1-9MM). Wanted my FFL to send his info referencing the SO#'s. Taurus to pay shipping and will reimburse FFL fees.

When I went online and "chatted' they wanted FFL to send service order number and serial numbers. I would make sure that both are given. They never contacted me yet but going to my dealer tomorrow anyhow.

WinoVeritas

Post by WinoVeritas »

PBR wrote:
nice - i went and looked at taurus site but they dont pt145 pro anymore, or at least not that i seen so i wonder what they would replace it with
I expect they would replace with a PT24/7C G2 Compact .45.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Went to dealer today. They sent all paperwork to Taurus by email. Called me back to say expect 4-6 month wait for gun. FYI.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”