Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

PMR30/CMR30 interesting combination

Post by The Annoyed Man »

From TTAG:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PMR30/CMR30 interesting combination

Post by puma guy »

That's as cute as a baby horny toad. Definitely interesting. I've been wanting to get a .22WMR semi pistol and now with this rifle I will have to look into it seriously. Thanks for posting.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I'd probably have a PMR30 if I'd ever seen one anywhere. I did eventually find a KSG to buy but the price was pretty high. Keltec's guns, the ones I'm interested in anyway, are like unicorns...you see pictures of them everywhere but you never actually see one in the physical world. Now if I see a PMR30 or CMR30 I'll be inclined to hesitate on a purchase because I haven't seen any 22 Mag on the shelves for months. Back when I thought I might pick up a PS90 I passed because there was no 5.7 ammo on the shelves. What's a gun nut to do?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MechAg94 »

I am starting to see PMR30's priced down at $500. I am seeing more in stock also. At least the AJC shop in Clute has one. I am not expecting to see the carbine for a couple more years.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

MechAg94 wrote:I am starting to see PMR30's priced down at $500. I am seeing more in stock also. At least the AJC shop in Clute has one. I am not expecting to see the carbine for a couple more years.
You seeing any 22 mag? I was at the local Academy today and they had quite a selection of 22 LR, though purchases are still limited. I even managed to get some CCI mini mags. However, not a box of 22 mag in sight.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Palmetto State Armory usually has some in stock for a reasonable price, but that is mail order. It is where I got the 22 Mag ammo I have. I think I saw some at the local Academy once in the last year or so.

I went by AJC today at lunch, but not PMR30 in stock anymore. They had priced it at $600, but then dropped it to $500. I took that as a sign the market was starting to cool off a bit.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Visited my LGS today to see if he had these KelTecs. "Yes and no" was his reply. Turns out he has the PMR in stock in the display case. He had only received one CMR since he saw them at the Shot Show and he had it in the back for himself. Got to handle them and though the PMR is Ok the CMR stirred that "I need one of these" emotion. We talked a little about his frustration with KelTec for not producing enough product to meet demands after announcing their new products. As I said in my first post in the thread this little rifle is as cute as these:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ELB

Post by ELB »

I really like the idea of a pistol and a carbine shooting the same round and using same magazines, but in the video the guy said the carbine started hiccupping after only 160 rounds. That's not my idea of reliability. For now, for a carbine/pistol I guess I will have to stick to my WASR carbine and my Zastava M92 pistol... ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

We talked about this at the forum breakfast Friday. Kel-Tec has some good ideas in firearms but their execution is lacking. I also cannot stand the fact they I think they purposely do not make enough firearms to meet demand. The PMR 30 has been in demand for years and they normally sell way over MSRP on Gunbroker due to lack of availability (same thin with the KSG which is just recently been more available after years of people wanting them). Kel-Tec also uses way too much plastic in their guns, I have had three of the Sub 2000's and although I like them they could beef them up a bit since they feel a little cheaply made - the same goes for other firearms they make. If the availability and price was better it would change my thoughts on them.

goose

Post by goose »

I really like the idea of a carbine and pistol combo. I also happen to love the WMR round. But until the availability issue is fixed for the PMR and CMR I will stick with my Sub2k (with the Red Lion foregrip) and Glock. I am convinced that 99.9% of the time in a "poo hits the paddles" scenario I am bugging in. But conceptually, a rifle and pistol combo is just cool as heck for bugging out, IMO. I like that they are playing in that arena. I hope that they aren't playing with availability to manipulate price.

I will say that for bugging in, in a defensive scenario, I like that I could yell at the family to bring me more glock magazines and there would be no confusion. Regardless of what they brought me it would fit.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I have heard the owner of Keltec does not want to or believe in taking on debt to produce new guns. They set up a production line and only expand it as they sell more. So instead of producing a whole bunch and shipping them after the announcement, they start out producing on a few and slowly expand.

I had heard they were making 500 or more PMR-30 pistols per week, but divide that by gun stores across the country and it is a pretty small amount.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”