Looking for LC9s Pro Feedback - And a Thank You!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
hpcatx
Posts in topic: 4

Looking for LC9s Pro Feedback - And a Thank You!

Post by hpcatx »

Looking for feedback from the LC9s Pro owners on the board, please! A few years ago I picked up a LC9 and even with some of the Galloway updates, it just sits in the safe. Too poor a trigger and the other guns in my edc rotation don't have external thumb safeties or mag disconnects. I've got a smaller frame (although over the years getting wider), so I like pocket guns as my edc; I've been generally carrying a Springfield XDS in 45 or, when I really need to hide something, a Kahr P380. Saw a LC9s Pro for $298 and figured it was worthwhile to revisit. After searching prior posts, a few folks seem to have shot the new(er) LC9s and only one person said they had it, so was looking for some broader input if available.

On an unrelated note, it's great to be on the forum again! I'm an infrequent poster but used to be a daily reader for several years since signing up. This past year our youngest son was born with a complex congenital heart defect (surprisingly not detected in utero) and life was turned upside down for a while. We're very blessed and we thank G-d he's had truly a miraculous recovery after being sent across country for repairs his first week. Needless to say, I've missed the community and following all the banter on here!
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for LC9s Pro Feedback - And a Thank You!

Post by Taypo »

hpcatx wrote:Looking for feedback from the LC9s Pro owners on the board, please! A few years ago I picked up a LC9 and even with some of the Galloway updates, it just sits in the safe. Too poor a trigger and the other guns in my edc rotation don't have external thumb safeties or mag disconnects. I've got a smaller frame (although over the years getting wider), so I like pocket guns as my edc; I've been generally carrying a Springfield XDS in 45 or, when I really need to hide something, a Kahr P380. Saw a LC9s Pro for $298 and figured it was worthwhile to revisit. After searching prior posts, a few folks seem to have shot the new(er) LC9s and only one person said they had it, so was looking for some broader input if available.

On an unrelated note, it's great to be on the forum again! I'm an infrequent poster but used to be a daily reader for several years since signing up. This past year our youngest son was born with a complex congenital heart defect (surprisingly not detected in utero) and life was turned upside down for a while. We're very blessed and we thank G-d he's had truly a miraculous recovery after being sent across country for repairs his first week. Needless to say, I've missed the community and following all the banter on here!
Congratulations on your son's recovery and welcome back!

Topic author
hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Taypo wrote: Congratulations on your son's recovery and welcome back!
Thanks, Taypo! It's one of the rare incidents where you can see the hand of G-d operating in the open, not obfuscated, no longer concealing the action he takes, which is often through "natural" means.

We are beyond blessed and our cardiologists risked everything in their own careers to put the care for our patient first and make sure we had the cutting edge experts nationally to take care of him. On Thanksgiving Day, a mere three weeks after the open heart repairs we were able to bring him home -- a Thanksgiving Day indeed, beyond our wildest wishes and he could meet his brother, aunts and uncles, grand-parents, and cousins. Truly miraculous, as we were originally told to wait until 3kg, weeks and weeks outside the successful window for these repairs and then also avoided what locally was expected to be a 3 plus month CICU recovery time. There were at least 15 independent failure points along the way and at each juncture the "random" events (no such things, of course) went all in our favor.

Of course we are blessed with his incredible health, most important of all. But I also truly feel that my wife, family, and I were blessed to witness a true, undeniable miracle firsthand. These may happen all of the time around us, but we've been desensitized to recognize their occurrences. This, however, was a wake up call.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Do you live in D/FW area?
Going to BulletTrap Wednesday night, and you can join me to shoot the LC9S (non pro)
The trigger is fantastic

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

hpcatx wrote:Looking for feedback from the LC9s Pro owners on the board, please! A few years ago I picked up a LC9 and even with some of the Galloway updates, it just sits in the safe. Too poor a trigger...Saw a LC9s Pro for $298 and figured it was worthwhile to revisit. After searching prior posts, a few folks seem to have shot the new(er) LC9s and only one person said they had it, so was looking for some broader input if available.
The trigger in the LC-9s and LC-9sPro are the same, so the "shooting" part shouldn't be different. It's a stryker fired pistol, with all that entails - crisp, repeatable trigger pulls. I love my LC-9s... it's become the primary in my EDC lineup, and my poor Walther PPS is feeling put-upon.

If I saw a new LC-9S Pro for $298, I'd be jumping on that with both feel, just to not have the mag disconnect. In fact, if you don't mind, please PM me with info - I'd love to have a spare!
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Topic author
hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

n5wd wrote:The trigger in the LC-9s and LC-9sPro are the same, so the "shooting" part shouldn't be different. It's a stryker fired pistol, with all that entails - crisp, repeatable trigger pulls. I love my LC-9s... it's become the primary in my EDC lineup, and my poor Walther PPS is feeling put-upon.
I was more curious about the comparison between the LC9 and the LC9s, not necessarily the Pro variety, as the LC9 trigger caused this to collect dust in my safe. Sounds like you're liking it! Thanks! In bound PM on the link to order the Pro -- after all, who likes the magazine disconnect, another possible point of failure?!?

spolct

Post by spolct »

I was fortunate enough to get $325 for my old LC9 (with an extra mag and cheap holster) and paid $350 OTD for an LC9s. Night and day difference between the two triggers. Much easier to shoot and I was able to use all my holsters for the old one. The only downside for me was that that less than a month after getting the LC9s, the pro version was announced.

Topic author
hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

spolct wrote:The only downside for me was that that less than a month after getting the LC9s, the pro version was announced.
While not exactly the same, I did get the LC9s Pro -- and now I see that as of today, through the end of the year, Ruger is offering a $100 trade-up deal when you bring your old LC9 to your FFL.

Romellio

Post by Romellio »

I love mine. My only complaint is that it requires a punch tool for field stripping and cleaning. It has a small pin to hold it all together and that could easily roll away and get lost rendering the gun useless. Al lot of semi autos have similar problems. The Glocks however, require no tools at all to field strip, but they are at least $100 more expen$ive. A lot of the women complain that the LC9S Pro slide is difficult to rack, but that is to be expected in such a tiny powerhouse. For the money, it can't be beat.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”