Opinions on the new XDs .40?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bortaz
Posts in topic: 1

Opinions on the new XDs .40?

Post by bortaz »

Found a pretty good deal on these (less than $400 before shipping, etc for the gun and the Essentials pack). Have any of you guys tried the gun? If so, would you recommend it?

It's a really good price...I'm very tempted. If the reviews turn out bad I'll just add a Glock 23 to my growing little arsenal.

NordicTexan

Re: Opinions on the new XDs .40?

Post by NordicTexan »

I have the 45 in 3.3 and the 9 in 4", both are great. As far as the 40, Colin Noir has a great bit on the 40. It's worth the watch before you decide.
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

jason812

Post by jason812 »

NordicTexan wrote:I have the 45 in 3.3 and the 9 in 4", both are great. As far as the 40, Colin Noir has a great bit on the 40. It's worth the watch before you decide.
He also has bits on the 9mm and .45 that are pretty funny as well. Seeing how you have both, maybe you are caliber confused and should just get a .40. "rlol" "rlol"

I have nothing else to add except everybody I know that has an xd, xds or xdm series pistol have no complaints.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Jketchum

Post by Jketchum »

I hope Stormlake or EFK makes a .357 sig barrel for it!
I love my 3.3 .45 XDs

XDs .357Sig would be awesome!

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I haven't shot the XDs in 40 - my XDs is 9mm. But I do have an XD 40 service model and I love it. But it will depend on your preference. The 40 has a bit of kick, not sure if the smaller/lighter XDs will make that any worst but I would suspect it would.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”