Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Show us your bolt guns

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Liberty wrote:I just wish I could find ammo and Mags as cheap as that for the .225 AR15.
I've never seen a .225 AR15. :mrgreen:
Wait till I get you casting bullets for your AR :lol:
I always sized them to .224"
NRA Endowment Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

one 22 is the same as another .. :evil2:
Last edited by Liberty on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 21

Post by The Annoyed Man »

doncb wrote:I'll throw one of mine in here. Honest to goodness 1945 m91/30 sniper.
That's pretty cool. How does it shoot?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
AndyC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Liberty wrote:I just wish I could find ammo and Mags as cheap as that for the .225 AR15.
I've never seen a .225 AR15. :mrgreen:
Wait till I get you casting bullets for your AR :lol:
It has polygonal rifling...... :cool:
No, I'm not buying you a barrel! :smilelol5:
I don't want a new barrel. I have an insanely good Rainier Arms 5R polygonal rifled match barrel that guarantees sub MOA accuracy out of a carbine length medium contour. Best barrel I ever bought. If you want to buy me another one just like it, that would be ok I guess. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Beiruty »

Back on the topic please bolt action rifle, are called to pose on the catwalk.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

doncb
Posts in topic: 2

Post by doncb »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
doncb wrote:I'll throw one of mine in here. Honest to goodness 1945 m91/30 sniper.
Like all Mosins it kicks like a mule. The furthest I've shot it is 100 yards and it did good. Shoots better than I do! I've only taken it out twice though. The Mosin I really like to shoot is my '44 M38 carbine. A real hoot with the fireball it shoots out!
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

doncb wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Like all Mosins it kicks like a mule. The furthest I've shot it is 100 yards and it did good. Shoots better than I do! I've only taken it out twice though. The Mosin I really like to shoot is my '44 M38 carbine. A real hoot with the fireball it shoots out!
Put a Pachmayer Decelerator slip-on recoil pad on that thing, and it won't kick in the least. Also, it adds about an inch in the length of pull, so it'll (probably) fit you better, too.

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD in 300 Blackout in a Manners T3 stock, custom bolt handle, Bushnell Tac Elite 10x and PTG bottom metal.

Horizon Firearms custom Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor. 16.25" M24 profile barrel with straight flutes, blue printed action, custom recoil lug, Timney trigger, Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56mm and Burris XTR rings.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Bitter Clinger »

AndyC wrote:Very very nice indeed
:iagree:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

MyRifle2.jpg
This is my work in progress, I don't have the scope yet and I want to change over to using mostly plastic mags.
This is a Ruger GSR in .308 stainless. The scope mounts are hi mounted See thru ... I will be putting in the Leopold FX II Scout 2.5 power. So I wont have to give up the Iron sights. I'm hoping that I can mount the scope completely forward of the receiver.

This is my only rifle, and I probably won't get another one real soon, so the Cooper theory of one gun for all purposes makes sense to me. Its been a lot of fun to shoot.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Liberty wrote:
MyRifle2.jpg
This is my work in progress, I don't have the scope yet and I want to change over to using mostly plastic mags.
This is a Ruger GSR in .308 stainless. The scope mounts are hi mounted See thru ... I will be putting in the Leopold FX II Scout 2.5 power. So I wont have to give up the Iron sights. I'm hoping that I can mount the scope completely forward of the receiver.

This is my only rifle, and I probably won't get another one real soon, so the Cooper theory of one gun for all purposes makes sense to me. Its been a lot of fun to shoot.
Consider these mags too: http://www.alphaindmfg.com/store/index. ... duct_id=51

#TINVOWOOT

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Consider these mags too: http://www.alphaindmfg.com/store/index. ... duct_id=51
Thanks TAM I didn't know about these Mags. I like the plastic Mags. Cheaper, durable and they won't rattle when carried in a pocket. The advantage of the alpha Industries Mag is that they will accept a longer cartridge. I have never run into these longer rounds although I still haven't found the perfect ammo maybe it is one these types of rounds.

I think I'm going to order 2 of the 5 round Ruger mags though.. They are short in height, allow for top loading, and have a dust cover to allow for long term storage or pocket carry without clanging or contamination with pocket residue.

I really like the company Magpul, Ive met the CEO / Owner and was quite proud of him when he stood up to Colorado and moved to Texas. Later I might get one of their 10 rounders. but right now I'm saving pennys for the scope ..

Edit: I just realized the Alpha Industries Mags ar Stainless. That does make a difference.. I like my guns made out of plastic and stainless.. :fire
Liberty''s Blog

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”