Moderator: carlson1

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Show us your bolt guns

Post by striker55 »

[img]
264258_235225263160105_8308715_n.jpg
[/img]
Remington XP-100 chambered in 7br, used in the 80's for IHMSA, very accurate even at 200 meters

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 21

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don't have any Allha mags yet, but own several of the Ruger plastic mags in 5 and 10 round capacity. I prefer them to the steel OEM mags for the reasons you state. The reason I'm intrigued by the Alpaha mags is A) there are staggered column like the plastic mags and are therefore shorter like the plastic mags, B) they are AICS pattern mags just like the OEM mags, and I'm about to convert my Remington 700 (pictured in the OP) to a DBM system; so my magazines would then be interchangeable between both rifles.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by striker55 »

AndyC wrote:
striker55 wrote:Remington XP-100 chambered in 7br, used in the 80's for IHMSA, very accurate even at 200 meters
I remember seeing those used in IMHSA and lusted after one myself :)
I actually owned 2, the one pictured I used in competition, the second one I won as a door prize at a state championship.

EdnaBambrick
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by EdnaBambrick »

I've had a few Mosin-Nagants but the corrosive primers took their toll on the barrels. I also had a sweet Swedish Mauser that still is a sentimental favorite. But I figured out later that stainless steel is the sportman's friend so I bought one of the earliest releases of the Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag. It's a 26" fluted stainless barrel, custom trigger at 2.5lbs, Harris bipod and a Burris scope. My best 10 shot group is 3/8" with my own reloads. It's a very good rifle.

If I bought a replacement or supplement, it would be all custom and one of the 6mm or 6.5 Lapua or Creedmore calibers.

Medley86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Medley86 »

My Remington 700 ADL in .270 Win. 22" barrel with a Simmons 8 point 3x9-50. Dad bought it for me for my 16th birthday. It's not pretty but it's a good deer rifle. Then my Savage 93r17.17 HMR 21" barrel Leupold vx-1 3x9-40 and it will drive tacks. Traded an uberti replica baby dragoon for the Savage, worked out to a good deal, I wasn't interested in black powder.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 21

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I made my Gunsite Scout suppressor capable:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”