MANIA The link between psychiatric drugs... mass murder

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seamusTX »

The original article conflated mass killings by children with mass killings of children by adults and other events like Andrea Yates.

Cho Seung-Hui, Harris, and Clebold were all 17 or older. They were not children even by current standards.

Mass killings by children are extremely rare. I think population growth alone partly explains why more occur now than in the past.

- Jim

HankB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by HankB »

wjmphoto wrote:
HankB wrote: The difference is that guns have been around for centuries and school shootings seem to have started around the time shrinks started doping kids in large numbers ....
Really?

A brief bit of historical research proves this to be 100% incorrect! . . ..
And then as "proof", fewer than a dozen incidents in the past four centuries are cited, and it turns out most of those didn't even involve students as the shooter . . . and in some instances, there was no "shooter" at all!

Considering I had stated in earlier posts that the WND articles did not constitute scientific proof, I feel pretty good when people who take issue with my suppositions have to make that kind of a "stretch" in an attempt to refute them! :grin:
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”