Ok, I'm calling it - the Panic of 2016 is on

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ok, I'm calling it - the Panic of 2016 is on

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I just picked up two 30 rounders, a 20 and a 40. I haven't noticed prices changing locally yet.

Sorry I contributed...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I knew it would and if I hadn't already been spending money on other things, firearm and non firearm related, I would have purchased 1 or 2 thousand rounds of bulk .223 and .45. However, the rate at which I've been shooting this past year I'm probably set okay until this latest panic is over with. They seem to take around 6-8 months.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 3

Post by warnmar10 »

C-dub wrote:... I would have purchased ...
I plan to sit this one out.
FWIW, I was at Cabela's Ft Worth today. There was ample .223 on the shelf, AR's were selling but it didn't seem to be a run on.
I bought a S&W Victory .22 there today. It was my first ever and probably last gun purchase at Cabela's. What a PIA.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

warnmar10 wrote:
C-dub wrote:... I would have purchased ...
I plan to sit this one out.
FWIW, I was at Cabela's Ft Worth today. There was ample .223 on the shelf, AR's were selling but it didn't seem to be a run on.
I bought a S&W Victory .22 there today. It was my first ever and probably last gun purchase at Cabela's. What a PIA.
It certainly can be, but it's not always like that. I purchased a handgun there a month or so ago and went early in the morning before there was a crowd. From the time I said "I wanted that one" to the time I walked out the door with it was between 30-45 minutes and probably closer to 30. When they are busy the wait just to get someone to help look at a firearm is ridiculous.

I have also found that their prices on some firearms are a little over priced compared to other places, but they also seem to have more in stock than others. That last time I shopped for a Glock Cabela's was about $50-$60 over most others.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

AndyC wrote:AR lowers and associated things are rising in price and getting harder to find - now I'm noticing that .223 ammo is drying up and delivery times extended.

Yep - I'm calling this one - Sauve qui peut.
Agreed. I stopped by Cabela's on my way home from the range to buy a couple more boxes of carry ammo. The guy in front of me spent $1000+ on various types of ammo. When I joked that he'd be on Homeland Security's radar if he wasn't careful, his response was "this is round one," and that his intention was to purchase as much as he could afford between now and November in the event HRC wins. :eek6
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

CDDN has :
Colt 6920 rifle for sale price $999
FN-15 for $799
No need to panic. Those who wanted to buy has already be stocked.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

lfinsr wrote:
AndyC wrote:AR lowers and associated things are rising in price and getting harder to find - now I'm noticing that .223 ammo is drying up and delivery times extended.

Yep - I'm calling this one - Sauve qui peut.
Agreed. I stopped by Cabela's on my way home from the range to buy a couple more boxes of carry ammo. The guy in front of me spent $1000+ on various types of ammo. When I joked that he'd be on Homeland Security's radar if he wasn't careful, his response was "this is round one," and that his intention was to purchase as much as he could afford between now and November in the event HRC wins. :eek6
Each crisis that pops up and has HRC or BHO speaking of new "gun control" measures/laws/Exec-actions, is another excuse for me to buy more ammo.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

C-dub wrote:... From the time I said "I wanted that one" to the time I walked out the door with it was between 30-45 minutes and probably closer to 30. ...
[sigh]It was about 25-30 minutes from "I want that one" to "If you won't let us wrap the box in security tape we have to walk you to the door." So total time in store 35-40 minutes. I already knew what I wanted and I was at Cabela's because it was on sale for less than I could find it anywhere else including online.
I suppose I got spoiled using the mom & pop dealer in Lewisville.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

warnmar10 wrote:
C-dub wrote:... From the time I said "I wanted that one" to the time I walked out the door with it was between 30-45 minutes and probably closer to 30. ...
[sigh]It was about 25-30 minutes from "I want that one" to "If you won't let us wrap the box in security tape we have to walk you to the door." So total time in store 35-40 minutes. I already knew what I wanted and I was at Cabela's because it was on sale for less than I could find it anywhere else including online.
I suppose I got spoiled using the mom & pop dealer in Lewisville.
I love it when they walk you to the door... with an OC pistol on your belt.

"What, are you afraid that I'll load this bad boy up and shoot some folks? well....."
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Stupid policy. As if the bad guy cannot go outside load and come back.
Beiruty,

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Beiruty wrote:Stupid policy. As if the bad guy cannot go outside load and come back.
Most bad guys aren't buying retail in the first place.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

TexasCajun wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Stupid policy. As if the bad guy cannot go outside load and come back.
Most bad guys aren't buying retail in the first place.
True.
Beiruty,

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”