Hawaii Gov signs bill

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 3

Hawaii Gov signs bill

Post by pushpullpete »

Hawaii Gov David Ige has signed a bill that takes effect immediately that allows for police to enter legal & licensed firearm owners into a database that monitors criminals. I don't know how to link it, it is on the Hawaii governors website.
Last edited by pushpullpete on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
pushpullpete

Re: Hawaii Gov signs bill

Post by pushpullpete »

The bill isSB 2954 and is regarding the "Rap Back" system which is a service of the FBI that allows for continuous criminal record monitoring. These are legal firearms owners that are being entered into a criminal database !!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

To post a link, just copy and paste it into your post https://news.vice.com/article/hawaii-tr ... e-database
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Thank you. :tiphat: I was going to call my daughter & granddaughter for help but figured someone here could help me. It's much appreciated.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

I'm not usually a conspiracy person but this certainly gets my spidey senses tingling! Gun registration is not far from taking away or severely restricting firearms. This week I ordered a t-shirt "The Right of Self Defense Never Ceases." Gun control nonsense has past my threshold of allowing others to speak without a voice on the side of reason and logic.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Apply this to the first amendment.

Have an opinion, register as a criminal.
Peacefully assemble, register as criminal.
Practice your religion, register with criminals.
Print a newspaper, register with the government.

How in gods name is this ok? Do these morons not see what slope they are tossing themselves down?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

usurp31

Post by usurp31 »

Crazy. "The law could affect gun owners outside Hawaii, because the state requires visitors carrying guns to register..."

I had to look up Rap Back to see what that was about; from the FBI website: "The Rap Back service allows authorized agencies to receive notification of activity on individuals who hold positions of trust (e.g. school teachers, daycare workers) or who are under criminal justice supervision or investigation, thus eliminating the need for repeated background checks on a person from the same applicant agency."

WTH!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

This as insidious as it gets. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our own DPS subscribes to the " Rap Back service" from what I've seen":

http://dps.texas.gov/administration/cri ... apBack.pdf

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/search/se ... e.keywords

I hope I'm wrong.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”