concealment shelves

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Medley86
Posts in topic: 2

concealment shelves

Post by Medley86 »

Has anyone tried the new thing with having hidden compartments in shelves/mirrors/picture frames/etc.? I am considering building one and just looking for ideas from anyone who might have actually seen/used one as to size and features that are desirable.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Rhino1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: concealment shelves

Post by Rhino1 »

I built this bookcase several years ago. False fronts on both sides. One held an AR and other a home defense shotgun.
Attachments
image.jpeg
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Nice work.

flechero

Post by flechero »

just google gun concealment furniture and enjoy perusing a million options and pictures...

cirsory

Post by cirsory »

There is a seller on etsy called Appalachian Rustic. He makes these. They are built very well, and there is no indication there is a hidden compartment.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Here's an article that might provide some ideas: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/08/15/hi ... Newsletter
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

My wife's dresser has angled mirrors on each side of a large center mirror. Those angled mirrors are on hidden hinges and swing open to reveal compartments to hang necklaces, bracelets, and such.

On the side closest to my side of the bed, I unscrewed the hooks, and it just so happens that an AR fits perfectly behind that hinged mirror. Her side is closest to the door, so if someone does figure it out and opens her side they will see necklaces and scarves and will probably not even bother looking on my side.

Outside of that, I don't see the utility of going out and purposefully buying concealment shelves that you may or may not be able to get to when the front door disintegrates. For the money that you would spend, get a good OWB holster (I like the Safariland 7377 - $40 at MidwayUSA) and carry in your house. Doesn't hurt a thing, and I know that I can get to my belt line in time to stop a home invasion.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

As far as quick access when something goes bump in the night, this is my favorite:

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

AJSully421 wrote:My wife's dresser has angled mirrors on each side of a large center mirror. Those angled mirrors are on hidden hinges and swing open to reveal compartments to hang necklaces, bracelets, and such.

On the side closest to my side of the bed, I unscrewed the hooks, and it just so happens that an AR fits perfectly behind that hinged mirror. Her side is closest to the door, so if someone does figure it out and opens her side they will see necklaces and scarves and will probably not even bother looking on my side.

Outside of that, I don't see the utility of going out and purposefully buying concealment shelves that you may or may not be able to get to when the front door disintegrates. For the money that you would spend, get a good OWB holster (I like the Safariland 7377 - $40 at MidwayUSA) and carry in your house. Doesn't hurt a thing, and I know that I can get to my belt line in time to stop a home invasion.
I have my carry on me at home until I take a shower, then it's light comfortable clothes. I'm not really worried about home invasion, was thinking of building one for my mother to keep semi valuables stashed in at her house and maybe one for myou bedroom to keep my carry in just so it's easy to get to inot the morning but away from little eyes.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”