Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Vortex Optics StrikeFire II Red Dot Sight RED/Green

Post by Abraham »

Do you own one?

2 Questions: 1.Any complaints?

2.Is the base it comes with adequately high enough to fit my S&W M&P 15-22 AR style rifle?

I've looked at Primary Arms house brand red dot sight that sells for $89.99 and then I'll need their base for $29.99. With tax and shipping it'll be well over $130.00

That being said the Vortex for a few more bucks more $179.99 total from Midwest seem a better sight and great warranty.

So, what do you guys think?

P.S Given I'm putting this on .22cal plinker, I wasn't going to buy an Aimpoint or some other much higher cost optic. Midway isn't open today or I'd ask them about the base being adequately high enough for an AR.

polekitty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Vortex Optics StrikeFire II Red Dot Sight RED/Green

Post by polekitty »

I have one on my WW-15 (.223) and really like it. It comes with a 1/3 cowitness mount that's attaches to the rail and lines right up with my flip-up front sights. I like the fact that you can keep both eyes wide open and finding the target is easy. If you search around you might be able to find it a little cheaper but not by much. I got mine at the gun show for $179 out the door. Amazon has them right now for $178.99.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

A few days ago i looked at many reviews and videos on the red and red/green sight. Both were very impressive! I personally liked the video that had the guy throw his AR ON THE GROUND several times often landing on the scope. He then picked it up and shot a full mag at 50 yards and it kept its zero!
There were a few people that said the red is brighter than the red/green. And also some scopes had to be sent back due to the dot being blurry. Those posts claimed it was a no hassle exchange.
I am going to get one after I finish stocking up on my AR lowers
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I run the vortex sparc 2 and love it on my AR. Vortex optics for the money are some of the best optics you can get. Made very well and tough as nails. I have banged mine around and it always holds zero and is super easy to manipulate and can even go low enough for night vision.

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Thanks all for your input.

cmgee67,

Why the 'sparc' and not the Strikefire?

Lighter in weight/ less costly, or ....?

Thanks

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a Vortex 4-16x50 Viper PST on my SCAR 17S and love it. I have a Vortex 15x50 Recon R/T tactical monocular and love it. I am impressed with the Vortex Strike Eagle at its price point and will be picking one up soon for my 300 Blackout SBR. I also have a Vortex StrikeFire on my M&P15-22, and I'm not nearly as impressed with it as I am with the other Vortex products. Battery life seems practically nonexistent sometimes, but that's not my biggest complaint. I also own a Aimpoint Micro, which is clearly a superior RDS, but I would imagine that other micro RDS brands are also superior. My complaint is that the StrikeFire tube being as long as it is (compared to a Micro) tends to give me a poorer more restricted field of view than one with a shorter body.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I would never put an optic on a .22 lr over $50 personally, but have y'all considered holosun optics? Very competitive with the expensive aimpoints and eotechs at the price point y'all are talking about.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

If you'd like to go a little lower in expense, I put a $30-$35 Sightmark reflex sight on our 15-22. It works great.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

techenigma

Post by techenigma »

The strikers is a great optic. I have one on an AR and it's great. Took some getting used to with the magnification for CQC

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”