80% Glock - deep concealment

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 80% Glock - deep concealment

Post by parabelum »

I can get away with g43 in a pocket holster. Even my g19 is doable IWB with shirt tucked in, clips show but nobody notices.

Interesting idea, but not my cup of tea.

goose
Posts in topic: 4

Post by goose »

barres wrote:I believe someone is thinking pocket carry for this setup, hence the comparison in size to a cell phone that many throw into a pocket these days.
I think you're right. But as a G17 owner, I can't imagine that slide (even with the tiny grip frame) in a front pocket. At least not if I was expecting to ever have to sit.

I was hoping someone would come up with a cool "I could use it here..." scenario. I haven't heard one yet. They may find customers but I am doubtful that they'd find enough to justify production runs of any size.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

locke_n_load

Post by locke_n_load »

goose wrote:
Jago668 wrote:Why not just carry a G26, and then spare G17 mags?
This kind of logic will NOT be tolerated around here! :-)

Although I will admit a wish to take this the other direction. I'd like a 17 slide on my 26 lower. Nice sight radius, small handle above my belt. The product shown kind of does this but with the added bonus of a really compromised grip and a need to assemble. I also assume that it comes with a belt clip because I can't imagine that bad boy in a holster or IWB.
Just buy a G17 and cut the grip down to accept G26 mags.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

goose
Posts in topic: 4

Post by goose »

locke_n_load wrote:
goose wrote:

Although I will admit a wish to take this the other direction. I'd like a 17 slide on my 26 lower. Nice sight radius, small handle above my belt. The product shown kind of does this but with the added bonus of a really compromised grip and a need to assemble. I also assume that it comes with a belt clip because I can't imagine that bad boy in a holster or IWB.
Having worked on a sub-2k to take the G19 magazines, the thought has crossed my mind. And I really do like the idea. BUT emotionally it feels 100 times more difficult to carve on a Glock frame than a Kel-Tec. And I'm not dissing the Kel-Tec but one was (when we bought ours) a $240 frame and one is a $500 frame. A few more years to soak up with the teenaged boys. After they leave the nest and my dollars free up a skosh, this might be pretty high on my list.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

goose wrote:
locke_n_load wrote:
goose wrote:

Having worked on a sub-2k to take the G19 magazines, the thought has crossed my mind. And I really do like the idea. BUT emotionally it feels 100 times more difficult to carve on a Glock frame than a Kel-Tec. And I'm not dissing the Kel-Tec but one was (when we bought ours) a $240 frame and one is a $500 frame. A few more years to soak up with the teenaged boys. After they leave the nest and my dollars free up a skosh, this might be pretty high on my list.
You can get a 3rd party frame... can't remember where though.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Pretty sure those guys are going to get a visit from the ATF. The kind that requires lawyers. LOTS of them.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

satcong

Post by satcong »

They say they will be at the SHOT show. I suppose we'll know more if they're still around after that.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

Exactly!

bnc

Post by bnc »

John Galt wrote:
Exactly!
That's exactly what I do, it even works pretty well for a smaller person like me.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Who sells an 80% G26 frame?
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”