Bought a chronograph...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Bought a chronograph...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I got out and used mine today for the first time. Easy to setup and use. I got ballistic data on 5 loads, in 3 rifles, easy peasy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
SRO1911 wrote:Welcome to the club.
There are two types of chronograph owners - those who have shot their box in the face and those who are going to. Dont take it too hard - its a learnin experience.
Not me! I bought a Magnetospeed V3 Chronograph. You can't "shoot the box" with this one. The sensor is mounted like a bayonet below and parallel to the muzzle, and the electronics are in a separate widget located on the bench, behind the muzzle. I got $50 off the $399 MSRP from Brownells. Magnetospeed is a Texas product. I'm sure that it has some shortcomings - almost any chronograph solution being something of a compromise; but I bought this one specifically so that I didn't have to worry about shooting the box accidentally. :mrgreen:

It can be used on suppressors, full autos, airguns, and shotguns; and being magnetic, it is immune to light variations. I would assume that other types of units also have this feature, but the Magnetospeed brain stores its data onto a micro-SD card in comma-delimited spreadsheets which can then be imported into your computer and saved as XLS files.
I bought the same unit for the same reason but I quickly realized a huge advantage that comes along with it is you don't have to wait for a cold range. Simply mount it and fire away... :fire
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I got out and used mine today for the first time. Easy to setup and use. I got ballistic data on 5 loads, in 3 rifles, easy peasy.
We should go out together one day - and shoot your rifle through both setups simultaneously just for S&G :cool:
You betcha! :thumbs2:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

I can bring my Competition Pro to compare too ;)
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I'll volunteer to come along and test fire my M&P Sport 2 through them! :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

I'd be interested in knowing the results of the comparison, however, Segal's Law comes to mind. :biggrinjester:

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

Temp and pressure are a nice bonus that I'm missing from the Magnetospeed.

That's a pretty tight spread. Factory or handloads?

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I would compare chronos. Yours seems to be running a bit hot. I've used 37 grs. of H322 with Norma brass. Fed match primers and 168 gr federal HPBT bullets. Has been scary accurate in my .308.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”