Ammo prices going down?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ammo prices going down?

Post by C-dub »

I have noticed that the Federal and Winchester 100 round boxes of 12ga have returned to about $22 2-4 months ago. I think a few of the .223 20 round boxes that were up around $12 have come back to around $9 or $10.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TXRon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXRon »

It has been a little over 4 years since the Sandy Hook event? initiated the hoarding of guns and ammo.

It is great to see supply finally starting to catch up with demand resulting in decreased prices.

flechero

Mine sure are!!

Post by flechero »

.45ACP has dropped by over 20 cents per round, at my house, thanks to the good people at Dillon and a few select components suppliers! :tiphat:

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

I deal with a major gun manufacture through work and there was a major ramp up in production of EVERYTHING from Ammo to ARs in advance of the election. I am not saying they have a glut, but the certainly are not having the store clearing panic they planned on. I would say the deals will continue as manufactures and retailers bleed inventory so that they can get to normal levels.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 9

Post by bblhd672 »

steveincowtown wrote:I deal with a major gun manufacture through work and there was a major ramp up in production of EVERYTHING from Ammo to ARs in advance of the election. I am not saying they have a glut, but the certainly are not having the store clearing panic they planned on. I would say the deals will continue as manufactures and retailers bleed inventory so that they can get to normal levels.
With daily threats by those who wish to subvert the Constitutionally elected candidate from taking office, perhaps the production levels need to stay at high levels.

I have noticed a slight decrease in pricing the last week or so.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I purchased .22LR at Academy this weekend for $2.49 per box of 50 - American Eagle brand.

Also purchased .22LR Federal Premium Match for $3.99 per box of 50 at Gander Mountain.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

JRG

Post by JRG »

bblhd672 wrote:I purchased .22LR at Academy this weekend for $2.49 per box of 50 - American Eagle brand.

Also purchased .22LR Federal Premium Match for $3.99 per box of 50 at Gander Mountain.

You might want to check that American Eagle brand of 22 LR. I believe it is packed 40 rounds per box instead of 50. Still a good price though.

Joe

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

JRG wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:I purchased .22LR at Academy this weekend for $2.49 per box of 50 - American Eagle brand.

You might want to check that American Eagle brand of 22 LR. I believe it is packed 40 rounds per box instead of 50. Still a good price though.

Joe
Ouch...I did not notice that sleight of hand by American Eagle.

flechero

Post by flechero »

bblhd672 wrote:
JRG wrote:

Joe
Well in their defense, it's been that way for 20+ years. I still have a case of it from the 80's and it's in 40 round boxes. :lol:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

flechero wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
JRG wrote:

Joe
Well in their defense, it's been that way for 20+ years. I still have a case of it from the 80's and it's in 40 round boxes. :lol:
Lol...well I'd never seen that brand on a shelf before this weekend, guess it was always out of stock. Clever marketing strategy to sell in a smaller quantity than every other brand on the shelves. Overall, I take this as a good thing that some ammo was present that I'd never run across in the last 8 months of shooting.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

JRG wrote:

Joe

Checked the boxes- it is 50 rounds per box.

Topic author
tomtexan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tomtexan »

bblhd672 wrote:
JRG wrote:

Joe

Checked the boxes- it is 50 rounds per box.
Was that price before tax or after tax?
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I was at Bass Pro in Grapevine today. Great to see plenty of 9mm and 22LR. But did not necessarily see any caliber that I considered a bargain.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I'm afraid we have seen a new norm. Just like diesel and gasoline . They know what will pay and they won't back any farther than they have to.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

Yep 9mm was $12.99 per 100rd or so. 22LR was 2-3 cents a click.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”