New sights recommendation for S&W Shield

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dwsintxs
Posts in topic: 1

New sights recommendation for S&W Shield

Post by dwsintxs »

I have a new Shield 9mm Performance center edition, and I really want to change the sights on it.

I have a Sig P238 and it has the Sig night sights, and those things glow bright in dark, and I wan the same type of sights for the Shield.

If anyone can offer suggestions about what type to get, I would appreciate it. I want something that is as close to those Sig sights as possible.

Thanks!

loktite

Re: New sights recommendation for S&W Shield

Post by loktite »

Take a look at the Truglo TFX sights
NRA Endowment Member

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I like XS big dots for my weapons.... I do not own a Shield.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

Tru Glo TFO's. I have them on both my Glocks and my wife's XDm. I have Trijicon HD's on my 1911, but I prefer the Tru Glo's.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

After I tried the Trijicon HD's on one gun, I put them on everything I carry frequently.

As you bring the gun up to eye level, you just can't help but focus on that big honkin' dot on the front sight, and the U notch in the rear is perfect for lining up those longer shots.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Rhino1

Post by Rhino1 »

I really like the Ameriglo CAP sights. I tried them on a Glock 19 because I didn't like their stock sights. Liked them so much, I put them on my Shield. Front sight is green tritium which stands out in the daylight. The rear is plain (I don't care for three dots as want my eyes drawn to the front sight) but has green paint that aligns with front. I use it as an aid in sight alignment in the day time but functions as night sights in the dark.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

loktite wrote:Take a look at the Truglo TFX sights
:iagree: I have Truglo TFX on my PC Shield.

Will probably put them on my new M2.0 9mm as well
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

WTR wrote:I like XS big dots for my weapons.... I do not own a Shield.
This is far by my favorite. I do have XS Sights on my Shield 9 and Shield .45. I place XS Big Dots on all of my firearms for self defense including my AR's except for my 1911's. They are Dan Wesson's and come with a sight really similar to the XS. When those sights run their course I will replace them with XS.

Medley86

Post by Medley86 »

I second the tfo's, you get nice bright fiber optic day sights and nice tritium night sights all in the same package.
Ruger LCP in a Talon wallet holster EDC

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

carlson1 wrote:
WTR wrote:I like XS big dots for my weapons.... I do not own a Shield.
This is far by my favorite. I do have XS Sights on my Shield 9 and Shield .45. I place XS Big Dots on all of my firearms for self defense including my AR's except for my 1911's. They are Dan Wesson's and come with a sight really similar to the XS. When those sights run their course I will replace them with XS.
The front sights on the Trijicon HD's are a lot like those on the XS, but the U shaped channel in the rear sight allows more precision in alignment than the very shallow V of the XS. The difference in effect at typical engagement distances would be splitting hairs, but could be more relevant if one had to take a long shot at an active shooter.

The design concept is very similar - a great big dot that grabs your eye and forces it to follow as the gun is brought up into line of sight. If I hadn't found the HD's I would have gone with the XS system.

Either one works very nicely for those of us with "seasoned" eyes.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”