Mossberg Shockwave

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

JRG
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Mossberg Shockwave

Post by JRG »

I just noticed today that the Shockwave is now shipping in 20 gauge.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/

Joe

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Pawpaw »

Outstanding!

I think they would also have a winner if they came out with a .410 Shockwave. The negligible recoil would make it ideal for smaller, older, or weaker people who might not be able to deal even with 20 gauge recoil.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

JRG
Posts in topic: 11

Post by JRG »

pbwalker wrote:I got the two tone

Two tone??? I've never heard of that one. Got any pictures?

Joe

puma guy
Posts in topic: 17

Post by puma guy »

JRG wrote:

Joe
My curiosity was piqued by the two toned comment. I Googled it and found one for sale on AR-15 forum. There was a picture of the SG and the box. I got the model number for it; 50658. I can't find it on the Mossberg website, but I found listings for the Mossberg Model 50658 Marincote on a couple of online seller sites. Apparently made for marine environments. I also saw on the Mossberg website they are now shipping the 20 Ga Shockwaves.

Two-toned
https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catal ... stol-grip/

20 Ga
http://www.mossberg.com/product/590-sho ... -20-gauge/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by pbwalker »

puma guy wrote:
JRG wrote:

Joe
My curiosity was piqued by the two toned comment. I Googled it and found one for sale on AR-15 forum. There was a picture of the SG and the box. I got the model number for it; 50658. I can't find it on the Mossberg website, but I found listings for the Mossberg Model 50658 Marincote on a couple of online seller sites. Apparently made for marine environments. I also saw on the Mossberg website they are now shipping the 20 Ga Shockwaves.

Two-toned
https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catal ... stol-grip/

20 Ga
http://www.mossberg.com/product/590-sho ... -20-gauge/
Yep, that's the one. I had no idea it was Marinecote.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by pbwalker »

Here's the pic

*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

nimravus01
Posts in topic: 12

Post by nimravus01 »

I shot some Aguila mini shells (buckshot) yesterday in my Shockwave. I am thinking they are the perfect mate to this firearm for the purpose of home defense. The recoil is a pussycat compaired to any other 2&3/4" buck I've tried. At 21 feet, (my maximum realistic HD scenerio,) they had about an 7 to 8 inch spread. With the Opso adapter, they cycled perfectly.

Let me just say that I'm a big guy, and at the range I don't find regular 2&3/4" shells unmanageable. However, thinking about the possibility of having to use it in the middle of the night, indoors, without ear pro, and probably not with the ideal stance/grip; I think the mini shells are the ticket.

apostate
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apostate »

Franklin Armory's new Reformation makes me wonder if a straight grooved barrel could be likewise assembled on a virgin 590 receiver to make a 14" barreled non-shotgun with a full stock.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

nimravus01 wrote:I shot some Aguila mini shells (buckshot) yesterday in my Shockwave. I am thinking they are the perfect mate to this firearm for the purpose of home defense. The recoil is a pussycat compaired to any other 2&3/4" buck I've tried. At 21 feet, (my maximum realistic HD scenerio,) they had about an 7 to 8 inch spread. With the Opso adapter, they cycled perfectly.

Let me just say that I'm a big guy, and at the range I don't find regular 2&3/4" shells unmanageable. However, thinking about the possibility of having to use it in the middle of the night, indoors, without ear pro, and probably not with the ideal stance/grip; I think the mini shells are the ticket.
My problem is finding the mini-shells. They don't seem to be in stock anywhere. I already have the adaptor but haven't installed it because I have no ammo that will work.

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CleverNickname »

apostate wrote:Franklin Armory's new Reformation makes me wonder if a straight grooved barrel could be likewise assembled on a virgin 590 receiver to make a 14" barreled non-shotgun with a full stock.
Unless it was a .410 barrel (i.e. under 1/2" bore) they would probably say it's a destructive device.

apostate

Post by apostate »

CleverNickname wrote:
apostate wrote:Franklin Armory's new Reformation makes me wonder if a straight grooved barrel could be likewise assembled on a virgin 590 receiver to make a 14" barreled non-shotgun with a full stock.
Unless it was a .410 barrel (i.e. under 1/2" bore) they would probably say it's a destructive device.
Good point. Shucks!

nimravus01
Posts in topic: 12

Post by nimravus01 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: My problem is finding the mini-shells. They don't seem to be in stock anywhere. I already have the adaptor but haven't installed it because I have no ammo that will work.
I know what you mean. I couldn't find them anywhere local at first. I had to drive to another town where a gun shop just happened to have a box. Needless to say, I didn't have a whole range day shooting these little buggers. Just enough to get a pattern and feel for them.

Call around to your area gun shops and ask if they can order for you.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WTR »

allisji

Post by allisji »

I may have missed it, but how many of the aguila mini-shells will fit into the 12 gauge magazine tube?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 21

Post by carlson1 »

Are there different adapters to choose from? I have seen the OPSol Mini-Clip.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”